Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

View Poll Results: M&P .40 pro series (541.00) or Eagle MR .40 (478.00)??

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • M&P .40 Pro Series 4.25"

7 70.00%
  • Eagle MR 40 4.15"

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Eagle MR 40 vs. M&P 40 pro series

Default Eagle MR 40 vs. M&P 40 pro series

Will be choosing one this weekend... Any opinions, I'm not all that familiar with the MR40 Eagle as there is little info available. MR40 10+1 ? 4.15" M&P40 15+1 4.25". Both guns seem to have a nice trigger from what I've read. This will be an online purchase and I won't be holding or firing either handgun. I've read everything I could find on both.

You've probably uncovered more than I could add. The Baby Eagle is a CZ clone and I really like those. I also like 40cal in that size gun. But I've never seen one. I believe I'd find it tempting if I ever did.

My brother in law has the M&P 9mm and 45. I think the 45 is a double stack and shoots real nice and feels good in the hand. The 9mm single stack grip; however, feels way too thin to be comfortable. It shoots straight though.

I'd gamble on the MR if I was forced to choose between just those two.
    ​O|||||||O

I've also seen 11+1 w/ the MR40. This is a fairly affordable, full size, handsome .40 s&w handgun. Why hasn't anyone heard of his thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by kahrlwallace View Post
    I've also seen 11+1 w/ the MR40. This is a fairly affordable, full size, handsome .40 s&w handgun. Why hasn't anyone heard of his thing ?
    Can't say. I was considering one when I ran across a used K40. What I did find on the interweb was real positive. There are some good posts on this forum as well. Fleiger just got one in 9mm I think and loves it.

Still, I am real happy with the K40.
    ​O|||||||O

Both are nice guns. My brother has the Baby Eagle in .40, and I have a M&P Pro in 9mm with 5" barrel. The M&P Pro trigger is the best DAO trigger I've encountered. The interchangeable backstraps are nice, letting you choose a grip size that works with your hands. I've also had not one problem with the M&P, no FTF, FTE, stovepipes, or anything else. The BE .40 is also a nice gun, all metal, heavier, but is fun to shoot.
    For CC I'd give the nod to the M&P due to weight and magazine capacity.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Tman your brother has a baby eagle ?....or an MR40 eagle ?

I shelled out the 60 extra bux for the m&p pro. I am still very intrigued by the mr40 ..which, i believe is a walther/s&w p99. I know the polymer frame is made by walther on the mr40. I wanted that gun! The capacity and weight advantage gave the m&p my nod, though.

I have the M&P Pro Core .40L which is the 5" model with the milled slide, and I love this gun. It is rock solid reliable, tack driving accurate, and I put the 9mm conversion barrel and have two guns for the price of a barrel and magazine. I also put the Apex trigger on mine and a Leupold Deltapoint, but the fit and ergonomics is really what made me buy it in the first place and knowing I could modify it somewhat with aftermarket stuff was another plus. Not as many options as a Glock but you can't buy a Glock with a factory milled slide either. Good choice on the M&P I'm sure you will be very happy with it. If you get a barrel check out the KKM Precision. I also liked the low felt recoil of it. One of the better polymer guns IMHO.