Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: no ccw allowed

Default no ccw allowed

If I don't want to leave my kahr cw9 in my auto while doing business at a place that doesn't permit ccw's, can i unload it ,keep ammo and mag in car ,conceal my kahr on self and go inside?Would this be legal in ohio?I would think that an unloaded gun without bullets in my possession would not be a weapon.I am a new member from ohio with a ccw permit.This is my first post.Thanks to all members that made this site possible.
    Last edited by bookemdano; 12-07-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: remove crazy icon

Can't answer your question for Ohio, But in Michigan, loaded or unloaded you are still considered armed if the weapon is concealed on your person. For this type of situation my wife and I both have a Car Safe that stays in our vehicles that we can place our unloaded weapons in and secure it in the trunk of the car place the magazine and ammo either in my pocket or locked up in a separate area of the car. We have the largest one and there is room for to local up both my PM9 and Her S&W 642 at the same time. It is not legal in Michigan to store both the ammo and weapon together in the vehicle. I avoid areas where I cannot carry as much as is possible and choose not to give my business to anyone that has a no carry policy posted. Some areas cannot be avoided and when I must go to one of these places I use the car safe.
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

I think you'd be wise to check the laws in your state. Try this link.

In North Carolina,it doesn`t matter if your weapon is loaded or not.If the sign says no concealed weapons you can`t carry in that establishment legally.For you to get the definitive answer for your home state,contact your AG`s office.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

In North Carolina,it doesn`t matter if your weapon is loaded or not.If the sign says no concealed weapons you can`t carry in that establishment legally.For you to get the definitive answer for your home state,contact your AG`s office.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

It`s Deja Vu all over again!!

Default thanks

Thanks to all for the imput. Will check with ohio's AG office.Need to get a safe.

Got one 3 years ago, now every vehicle in my household has a car gun safe. Stores and locks easily to the seat frame. It's smart insurance and inexpensive peace of mind. It's scary how quick you can break into a vehicle. I'll do whatever I can to make sure that pistol stays in my possession.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

NC has no case law on their concealed carry permit laws. This is interesting since the law was in effect Dec 1995 I think.

NC conceal carry law is vague and ambiguous. For example, NC law prohibits conceal carry at "any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any private health care facility or upon any public place owned or under the control of the State or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon."

funeral procession? I guess this means you can't carry the day of the funeral but you can carry the day or night before at the wake.