I while ago I had picked up a K9 after trading in a PM9. The PM9 and I did not get along. I really like the K9, good size, nice trigger and all that.

It did have a bit of a click right at the top of the trigger pull but replacing the wood grips with the rubber ones mostly got rid of that. The wooden grips were a little warped, that allowed the trigger bar to roll out a little.

Anyway, my lovely wife got me a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder holster for my birthday and I noticed that the sharp edge on the ejection port was grinding the leather liner of the holster.

Good time for a de-horning. I took it down to a local gun smith recommended by several folks. I asked them for a "gentle de-horning". Also the trigger guard had some rough spots left over from the milling of the frame and a bit of a scratch around the trigger pin. It looked like the previous owner had or tried to have some work done.

They said $150 and a week or so for that and a refinsh. I stopped by tonight to pick up some ammo and asked about the progress. They said "Oh yeah, we had to send that back to the factor. We couldn't get it back together right. It may need a new frame."

WTF! Did they totally trash it trying to put it back together. Were they going to bother to call me and let me know? Am I going to get stuck with a round trip to Kahr and repair bill?

They said it would be a couple of weeks. I guess I'll find out then.

This is why I hate getting service things done. It may get fixed but it will never be quite right again. I shoulda left well enough alone.