Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uplula Magazine Loader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

I just picked one up last night for my PM9. I have been using the loader which came with my Glock 26, but it did not work very well for a single stack magazine. The UpLula is much easier to use and I might try it for both guns the next time I am at the range.
    Last edited by TxKahr; 01-21-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Kahr PM9, Pearce Grip, MTAC Holster, Beltman 1.25" Belt

Just picked up my first one yesterday, and all I can say is Wow!
    No comparision between it and the HKS #451.

I am very thankful for the one that Dietrich sent me. It is for sure a thumb saver when spending hours at the range. Thanks again Dietrich.
    A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few times I've had the dang bullet I just inserted pop out at me as I released the UpLula grip. The first time it happened at the range and I was able to retrieve my bullet with a rake from "down range". I've taken to placing the my thumb over the just inserted round as I loosen my grip to prevent the round from being flipped out by the "steel beak" thingy being withdrawn.
    I still can't imagine how anyone could shoot several hundred rounds and just use his thumb to push those rounds in! I've seen prices from $25 to $40 for the UpLula. My local gun shop/range raised the price from ~$35.95 to $39.95 very recently. I bought two from Cabela's for $29.95 each(on sale) and used the $20 coupon to lower the cost on that order.
    They will be releasing a .22 to .380 version soon. I can't wait. The regular sized one is just about too big for the .380. You just adjust to the "steel beak" scooting up to the magazine's feed lips because it won't fit between them like the larger calibers. My TPH magazines are not fun to load and I don't shoot more than a few mags as they quickly become painful to load.
    Unlike some of you, I don't relish pain when shooting.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The gun store that I frequent the most sells the Uplula for $26.95. I`ve seen it in other stores for anywhere from $30 to $35. I saw the Lula for an AR-15 for $24.95 about a week ago.The stores have trouble keeping the Uplulas in stock.They sell like hotcakes around here.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

From the pricing, I doubt that the dealer cost on those things is over $15. The gun store I frequent quoted me about $860 for a PM4544N, plus tax + $5 instant check, and had no idea how long it would take to get one. They also charge $50 to receive a gun for you and $5 IC plus tax on those two things. So, it costs me too much either way. I'm still hoping to find a "deal" at a gun show, or locally.

I just ordered one of those Gamo Shadow Express .22 cal. Air Rifles that can shoot "shot shells" (#9 shot ~ 1 foot pattern at 10 yards) at 750 to 1000 fps, depending on where you look, and .22 pellets at about 750 fps. This is powerful enough for small animals and pigeon-sized birds -- the pellets, that is. I had a Winchester .22 air rifle in the mid-70's that dispatched the afore-mentioned easily with only 550 fps or 650 fps -- I can't remember, but it was very accurate. The cost got below $100 or below $90 for members at Sportsman's Guide, plus I used a $10 off $100 or more, after adding another box of shot shells and a box of regular pellets. Sometimes I don't even go looking for things and I get a notice for something like that... and let my fingers do the "shopping".

I got it for "pests", including rats. I haven't seen any in quite a while, but the city doesn't keep baiting for them. I just always wanted to get another .22 for general purposes. With the new cop living in the park behind me, I don't know when I'll get to shoot it, except indoors while wifey is at work.

The last cop that lived there and I were friends and I helped him keep an eye on the park and close the gate at night. He would turn that over to me with instructions on how to handle trespassers, etc., while he was out of town. I did have several occasions to call the non-emergency police line, but most "visitors" after hours were polite and left. While walking my dog one night I panned my powerful beam across a couple who evidently thought it was pretty private where they could spread out a blanket and feed the voracious mosquitoes. I never told anyone I was a cop, and if asked, told them I was just filling in for him. I certainly didn't mind potential trouble-makers jumping to that conclusion, though.
    I once heard a commotion after hours out there and grabbed my P12 and my "tac-light"(Pelican M-9) and went out my back gate. It seemed a guy had chased his wife's lover into the park and was about to administer a little whoop-ass, when the "culprit" ran screaming up to the cop's trailer in the park. I stayed out of sight, but monitored what was going on, since my buddy came out and was assessing and trying to calm the situation wearing only his t-shirt and boxers! He defused the situation and everyone left safely, if not getting "satisfaction."
    I told my buddy the next day and he expressed thanks for backing him up. You never know how things like that are going to go, but he wasn't "prepared" in case the angry husband was armed and "out of control". Thankfully, things didn't escalate.

Dang, I can't keep to one subject, and every time I start, I have to relate some kind of past experience!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

NC Buckeye Guest

Mine cost me $60. $30 for the one I bought, used and gave to my Dad when he saw it and had to have one and $30 for the one I am currently using. It was worth all $60.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Buckeye View Post
    Mine cost me $60. $30 for the one I bought, used and gave to my Dad when he saw it and had to have one and $30 for the one I am currently using. It was worth all $60.
    That's funny. The family that loads together, stays together...or something like that.

Welcome to the forum.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I still thumb my mags, just always done it that way. I did recommend one to a buddy of mine here that is pretty tore up. Bob loves to shoot, and poor Bob, he's just falling apart. I think that the UpLula would be good for him though.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I just got my Midway Catalog. They have these Maglula Uplula loaders on sale for 22.99, regularly 29.99. I don't have one so I can't personally vouch for how good they are but people speak real highly of them.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."