Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chambering the first round, a slingshot modification

Now that is very convincing Greg! I haven't messed with mine cause "they ain't broke" but neither can I chamber a round slow like that. I may have to take another look and perhaps do 1 mag and see what happens.

The mags look full, were they? Were you pulling the slide forward or just releasing it?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Now that is very convincing Greg! I haven't messed with mine cause "they ain't broke" but neither can I chamber a round slow like that. I may have to take another look and perhaps do 1 mag and see what happens.

The mags look full, were they? Were you pulling the slide forward or just releasing it?
    All the mags were full. I was riding the slide as it went forward to slow it down, but the spring was doing all the work. There was a certain hollow point ( the low recoil, 135 Grain Hydra-Shok) that would occasionally need a helping hand forward if cycling the first round out this slowly, but they never bobbled if you just worked the slide or when firing them.
    Thanks for asking
    Regards,
    Greg

wow like butter. My P40 needs much more violence to it when hand racking. I got to re read this thread. Nice Job professor!(as always)

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    wow like butter. My P40 needs much more violence to it when hand racking. I got to re read this thread. Nice Job professor!(as always)
    Thank you kindly
    Regards,
    Greg

Brent reports that his version of this modification helps with second round nose dives. See his mod thread (with excellent photos) here:
    http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9269
    Regards,
    Greg

Both are great threads, but Greg, isn't Brent doing the same thing you did?
    Is there a difference?
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Both are great threads, but Greg, isn't Brent doing the same thing you did?
    Is there a difference?
    JD
    JD,
    I believe you are correct; pretty much the same thing with a slight variance in how the sanding is done (BEARDOG has a post in this thread where he sanded the follower much the same as Brent does). I think Brent's thread is excellent and wanted to include a link to it in this sticky.
    Regards,
    Greg

thanks Greg - my PM9 mags may benefit from this mod
    Kahr PM9 & PM45 - other favorites include Taurus model 65 & Keltec P32 - Firestorm 1911

Funny you should mention that post, I actually read to the end here hoping to see a follow up from BEARDOG on the results of his work. Further extending the supporting length of the follower and fitting the follower edges to the feed lips seems to be a natural evolution of the idea.

GB, you have initiated a great deal of cranial activity here and I, as a noob,to this forum, appreciate your inventiveness. Reading through the threads, I saw comments on the smoothness of the sanded follower. My thoughts would be 1000+ grit Emory or possibly 'flame smoothing' as we do with rigid foams.

I suppose I should order a few followers and see what can be done...

Good post TennSCN and welcome to the forum!
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."