Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: How many Lawmen use Kahr for back up or off duty.

I carry either my Kahr PM9, MK9 or K9 off duty.

I carry a Seecamp 32acp On duty/Off duty as a BUG

My CM9 is my summer/warm weather off duty carry. I carry my Glock 38 whenever I wear a jacket or coat. Used to carry a Ruger LCP or Glock 39 in warm weather - that was until I got the CM9.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

I do. For both.

It's nice to see officers carrying Kahr's on and off duty. I've owned multiple brands since I was the ripe young age of 21 and Kahr's are one of my favorites. Glocks are good guns but could never get used to holding the 2x4.

Bawanna, are you an officer?

I used a Kahr CW45 back before I sold it. I didn't actually use it as a back up on my body. I would put it in my patrol car and mainly used it in case someone was to approach me while I was sitting in my car and wasn't able to get out. It was a lot easier to pull out of my duty bag then try and pull my duty weapon out of my holster while seated.

I purchased a CW380 yesterday but have to qualify with it before I can carry on duty again.

My first Kahr (K-40 Covert) was bought as a BUG/OD piece. Served me well but I wanted lighter. So, after much deliberation and experimentation I bought a PM-40. I carried it both OD and as a BUG until I retired just over a year ago. A local tiny town talked me into working for them part time on their 6-man police force and I joined part-time. I carry that PM-40, usually in an outside pocket of my body armor (we wear external vests there ... BLOODY hot in South AL!). I recently bought a CW380 (wife had me pick out my Anniversary present ). I carry it as an "Always Gun" and it will likely be my hot-weather BUG at least for court and whatnot.

My current "ready-to-go" pistols are all three of the above mentioned Kahrs, a Glock 26 (bedside gun with a 19 round mag for things that may go bump in the night), and a "Commander" size 1911.

I made a kydex-on-leather pocket holster for my CW380 and had an old front-pocket card wallet which holds two spare 6-rounds mags and my AL Retired LEO Permit, qualification card, copy of DL, and a charge card (I sometimes forget my wallet great goober that I can be sometimes). No, I may not "NEED" 12 spare rounds, but mags fail, mags get dropped during reloading, stuff happens, and ... well since I'm an LEO again (part-time is still 100% sworn with all that whole "duty to respond" thing) one just never knows. One Active Shooter class will convince most folks to have at least one spare mag (even the training guns' mags can break).

Whatever else I may wear (often it's the K-40 Covert or PM-40 in DeSantis pancake holster or Kydex IWB holster I made), I have that CW380 ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HAP1978 View Post
    It's nice to see officers carrying Kahr's on and off duty. I've owned multiple brands since I was the ripe young age of 21 and Kahr's are one of my favorites. Glocks are good guns but could never get used to holding the 2x4.

Bawanna, are you an officer?
    I missed this post Hap, sorry dude. No sir I'm not an officer, I'm just a dept office puke and armorer. Mostly I drive a computer all day which I hate very much. The armorer gig doesn't take much time and can be equally frustrating when dealing with officer neglect but still better than hanging with the violets.

I do get to do some of the training etc that the officers get, so far they won't allow me to ride with them.

They think I'm trigger happy or something but I'm really just good at stopping repeat offenders.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm new to the profession but I've been carrying a CW9 off duty and finally had time to qualify with it as an on-duty secondary very recently.

Funnest little gun I've ever owned! Looking forward to adding a CM9 and a K40 really soon!

I just recently bought a TP-45 and have started carrying it off-duty. So far I love it! It's easier to conceal than the Glock 21 that we are issued and lighter and smaller than my full size Sig 1911. Only issue I've had is finding a left-handed concealment holster for it.

I carry a Kahr PM9 for a back up gun.

i carry either the PM9 or a P9 off duty.

i carry extra magazines when carrying either one.

I have Night Sights on both guns.

Duty weapon is a issued Glock 23, 4th Generation with Tru Glo TFX Night Sights.