Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Lawmen use Kahr for back up or off duty.

Kahrs would have no place in a uniformed duty officers holster but they sure make a good off duty or on duty backup gun.
    I was mostly curious about plain clothes and detective types that may carry them. Some departments allow more flexiblility to those types.
    I just had an officer yesterday ask me to get him a Taurus 738SS, little 380. Couple of the guys have those and they shoot good, but taking one apart friday (the guy threw the manual away of course and couldn't figure it out they are the not great quality level. Not bad but not great.
    I think my guy will be getting a CM9, he doesn't know it yet but I can feel it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

u should not have any problem lureing him away from that taurus to a CM9, just two total quality guns. Do u realize that to date we hv enot have one cm9 that had to go back to kahr and about 2 that even needed some tweeking and smoothing uip alittle. To me speaks highly of what kahr is sticking in the boxes today. I always put the taurus in about the same class as the kel tecs and I have been told that today taurus is now a better gun than kel tec...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Bawanna my dept has just under 1200 officers and I am aware of at least 2 dozen plain clothes officers that carry Kahrs as their primary duty weapon.

I agree that a Kahr is woefully inadequate as a on duty uniformed primary weapon. As good as the Kahrs are there are SOOOO many far superior weapons for uniform carry.

jocko you are right. Kahr has a nitch market where they are. They could not hope to successfully compete in the full sized uniform carry market. Glock, Springfield Armory, S&W, SIG have that market locked up tight.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Holy Moly, 1200 officers! We have 26 ? including 5 sgts, and 3 detectives. 1200, I'd be insane in a week. Course you probably got a ton more office pukes to deal with all the stuff too. That's big!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

just picked up the Cm9 for back up/ off-duty use. If my new holster comes in by Friday I will be using it for my Off-duty security detail

I carry my PM9 IWB off duty and in pocket holster as a backup when on duty.

We have two officers with PM9s the DLC. They have had them probably close to 2 years now. Neither officer did any prep, not sure they even cleaned them before they took them up shot a little and did a qual.
    Neither has had any mentioned issues. They are carried for on duty backup and off duty.
    I'm not sure either has 300 rounds thru it yet. I sometimes worry if they have shot them enough to be reliable but apparently they are confident in them so I try to keep my worries to myself.

Sadly I failed to talk this latest officer out of the Taurus for a CM. He had it in his head thats' what he wants. He's an idiot but also a good friend. I know friends shouldn't let friends do stuff like this but I did the best I could.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well, now I know who the LEOs are on this forum...

A little off-topic, but some of you guys might find this interesting. Even "the best" may not be. http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/...nreliable.html

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead1971 View Post
    Well, now I know who the LEOs are on this forum...

A little off-topic, but some of you guys might find this interesting. Even "the best" may not be. http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/...nreliable.html
    Hmm, me thinks a little hinky pinky is going on there. Sigs used up in like 5 years? Funny the director didn't have any issues with his Kimber and many bought them even though they were unreliable. Wonder if those were from the old external extractor days that Kimber suffered thru. Might be.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

some of those exact same Kimbers (3" and 4") are at a local shop. I have held one. They are selling for $1,250 plus tax. Ouch. Too much. This particulat shop is not a Kimber dealer. They got the guns in a deal / trade. When I asked them about the history, they had no clue. Also, I asked to see one of the 3" models (ultra), and the guy behind the counter said, which ones are they. I had to point out the ultra. Red flag. I ended up with a Kimber Raptor from another shop. I'll post my review in the appropriate thread maybe later.