CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joplin

I know your feeling thetmanski and I'm not surprised. Your obviously a man of honor. If I wasn't in this confounded wheelchair I'd already be there. As you say I'd be more of a burden than help. I have alot of family in Missouri fortunately none in the areas struck. I have a terribly helpless feeling clear to my core. Feel like I'd be doing something even if I was sitting in the middle with a rifle watching for looters and you can bet they are there too. Probably less in Missouri than any other state (alot of honesty in Missouri) but bound to still be some.
    I don't have the funds to help much financially and quite honestly I often wonder how much of that money gets to the people who need it most.
    Under different circumstances I'd be there in person helping mano mano just like a lot of others already are.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you for the kind words Bawanna. I just try to live "by doing the next right thing". It's pretty easy once give it a try.
    Here is a series of 88 pictures from Joplin. I know some of the places and they were nice communities full of houses, now it looks like a flight of B-52's went through and leveled the place. I just feel sick to my stomach after looking at the pictures.
    http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/23/186...aftermath.html

The little town of Reading Kansas was hit by the same storm system, but without the tragic loss of life Joplin suffered. It's a very small town with only 250 residents.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Everyone can rest easy. The Big "O" is supposed to visit Joplin this week. It seems that that is exactly what Joplin doesn't need at this point, though - a political circus. It's already chaos there and they certainly don't need the distraction.

The tornado was upgraded to an EF-5 this afternoon by the NWS. There are 1,500 people still unaccounted for with at least 123 lives lost. I live in Springfield and this has everyone I know very shook up. It seems we all know someone that was affected.

As far as help goes, I wish I was in better physical shape to go lend a hand. I did buy some supplies today and drop them off at one of the local radio stations that was "stuffing a truck" (stuffed more than one actually) with needed items to be sent that way. Prime Trucking donated the use of the trucks. Convoy of Hope is a good place to send monetary donations as they use most of the money in the relief effort. It's close to home for them, too, since they are based in Springfield.

And, here's hoping and praying that the storms that are forecast for tonight don't materialize like they say they might.

thetmanski did you guys have more severe storms today? My good friend that lives in Independance said they had some more storms

Lots of thunderstorms but nothing worse here. Supposed to be potential for more twisters today.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

You guys find a good cellar and get there till the sun starts shining again.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Joe Pike:
    I hope I never infered that the Richard Cranium should go to Joplin, I just wanted him to show some support and maybe focus on the relief effort.
    Hell. if he just hid out in the White house we would have thought he was interested and helping in some small way.
    He don't need to go there...maybe a fly-over, no need for the golden slippers to touch the ground.
    Tilos

jdlott74, over here in the Wichita KS vicinity, we had nothing but some hail and strong winds and heavy rain.
    I hate to report this, but another twister just hit Sedalia MO, I guess that is about 80 miles east of KC.
    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/25...esses-and.html
    No deaths reported, but quite a bit of damage. KS has been relatively quiet for this time of year. Makes me wonder what's up. Are we going to get hammered later?
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

One of our members was in Joplin this week as part of the LEO presence. Reports it is hard to put into words how utterly destroyed the town is. Lots of help coming from our little town as the school district is doing a drive for food, water, toys, etc. I think given time the folks there will get the assistance they need. The scale of it is just so enormous.
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com