Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ENDS 6/8 - Garrett Holsters Group Buy!! Silent Thunder and More

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It states on the Silent Thunder Slim model that it is for guns with barrels 3" and longer. This makes me believe its designed for full size guns.

It does seem to have much less bulk in one spot by offsetting the clip. I think the standard model would be easier to put on and off but I'm just guessing looking at the pictures.
    They offer a "Slim II" for barrels 3" and under. It is designed for comfortable appendix carry. They also state "If you need a full range of carry capability, we strongly suggest the Silent Thunder IWB Holster."

The have a pretty good line of holsters including the new "What the Tuck?", a hybrid IWB for larger guns.

EDIT: Should have done this earlier: GI has a holster comparison chart that I really like. You really should see this during your selection process. For new holster buyers, they also have a bit on what to look for in a holster. They call it "So, you want to buy a holster..".
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I chatted with them some and they convinced me to go with the Silent Thunder over the Silent Thunder Slim. A little more stable and versatile. He suggested the Hybrid you mention the What the Tuck but mentioned the same issues I've experienced, it's kind of hard to put on and take off although very comfortable, maybe more comfortable than the ST but not for me.
    Seem like real nice folks and ready to help ya anyway they can.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Out of curiosity, we're 2 days into this and I wonder if anybody has ordered yet (besides me). I have a Silent Thunder STX OWB making it's way through the factory to hold Dad's Colt Commander 45. I can't wait to hang it on my newly reconstructed beefed up belt.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.

I availed myself of the offer. Actually I had a bit of trouble with the ordering process due to the fact that I live in Thailand, was using a Thailand VISA card, but the shipping address was to a friend in USA who will hand carry the holster to me. A simple e-mail to Garrett Industries and Sheryl went out of her way to make it easy for me to get this done. Very good service, although unfortunately I will not see the holster for a few months, until my friend wends his way over the waters.

So, yes, there are at least some of us taking up this offer and thanks, I for one appreciate it.

Cheers
    PP

FSuperDuty Guest

It's been quite a few years, but if I were in Thailand I'd want to carry too. Especially Pattaya.

I've been trying to decide between a Silent Thunder, Silent Thunder Slim, and a FIST K1 (ordered with "all" adapters), but I think this offer tilts the scale toward the Silent Thunder (will probably go with the standard model as it appears to offer more choice in cant, up to and including "negative cant" for the occasional xdraw wear (such as on long drives)

You can see more pics of the Silent Thunder in My ST Slideshow to help decide.

Thanks for topping this. I didn't see it before. I will be ordering.

I ordered the silent thunder with the coupon code two days ago. Can't wait to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Out of curiosity, we're 2 days into this and I wonder if anybody has ordered yet (besides me).
    Yessir!
    I managed to stumble onto this just before the deadline. I love my first ST so much, have been meaning to get another one. Thanks Old Lincoln!