Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it OK to remove the LCI for the P380?

Default personally

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRebel View Post
    Hello all, I live in stupid Kalifornia, and I had to pay a couple extra pretty pennies to have a "safe" P380 here.

The magazine disconnect was the biggest turn off to me. I could not even dry fire my new baby without a mag inserted. That got to be a pain in the ass real quick, as the slide would always lock back when I cocked the gun. Not to mention I think that feature can be dangerous, as I might need to execute a mid-fight reload, and if I have one in the chamber, it would be scary to know I couldn't use it.

So the first thing I did was completely disassemble the entire gun, and made the necessary cuts with my trusty Dremel to disable it. Boy putting that thing back together was tedious; especially since there are no guides that I know of. Figured it out ricky-tick though and now she will fire with no mag!

Now I want that pesky loaded chamber indicator gone. That feature doesn't bother me too much, as it is nice to be able to quickly ascertain whether the gun is hot or cold...but still, when it is up, it gets in the way of my front post, and more importantly, I'm having problems with stove pipes. I think the way the LCI works, it is interfering with the case when it ejects. I'm also having a problem with the gun going into battery, and I can visually see that the LCI is getting in the way of the rim. I was wondering if I could shave the part of the LCI that touches the case all the way off, rendering it inert.

Will that hurt the function of my firearm though??

Thanks for all the help everyone, this site is a great resource!
    and this is just my opinion. I would have never touched or modified that gun until it was totally reliable. I can assure u, that cuttng that mag disconnet ad shaving that LCI down will void any warranty if you send that gun back. It just will, Ihave no doubts about that. doesn't matter if u think the ftf are unrelated to what u did, it is what kahr is going to think and tell you, and probably any outher gun maker to.

Not seing how the mag disconnet is in the kahrs, I have no idea as to how to disable them, I would think they sould be able to be taken out withouth a dremel but again I don't know that either. U are the first to have done this mod to the komifrnia P380.

Just my two cents.

On shaving the bottom of the lci, I see no reason why it would effect reliability. I would attach it that way instead of shaving off the top of the lci where it will be seen and will look like sh-t to, and I also think one can replace the lci if needed.

get the gun reliable before going any further, that is the important thing.

Have u visited the kahr tech section ahd hit on the great sticky's

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 Propper prepping of ur new kahr.

u should be able to reset the trigger on a kahr by pulling the slide back about a 1/4" inch therefore eliminating the locking open of the slide for practice purposes..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    and this is just my opinion. I would have never touched or modified that gun until it was totally reliable. I can assure u, that cuttng that mag disconnet ad shaving that LCI down will void any warranty if you send that gun back. It just will, Ihave no doubts about that. doesn't matter if u think the ftf are unrelated to what u did, it is what kahr is going to think and tell you, and probably any outher gun maker to.

Not seing how the mag disconnet is in the kahrs, I have no idea as to how to disable them, I would think they sould be able to be taken out withouth a dremel but again I don't know that either. U are the first to have done this mod to the komifrnia P380.

Just my two cents.

On shaving the bottom of the lci, I see no reason why it would effect reliability. I would attach it that way instead of shaving off the top of the lci where it will be seen and will look like sh-t to, and I also think one can replace the lci if needed.

get the gun reliable before going any further, that is the important thing.

Have u visited the kahr tech section ahd hit on the great sticky's

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 Propper prepping of ur new kahr.

u should be able to reset the trigger on a kahr by pulling the slide back about a 1/4" inch therefore eliminating the locking open of the slide for practice purposes..
    I hear you Jocko, and you are totally 100 percent correct about the warranty thing...No way I'm going to send it back to kahr now unless I undo the modification. It actually wouldn't be that hard. Probably a 5 dollar part and she would be right as rain (at least in Kahr's eyes haha). I didn't plan on sending it to them anyways, because as you can probably guess I like to figure things out for myself. To be honest, I didn't know that these guns needed so much lube in all those different places, and I did not apply any oil or anything to the gun after I bought it, just took it out to shoot (probably bone dry). I'm going to polish some internals, oil her back up, and hold her much tighter (I didn't know you had to choke them either) and I have my suspicions that she will run great.

Your idea on the LCI sounds spot on too. But I agree I need to get her 100% before I go cutting any more things off, LOL.

BTW: Yes I did check those two threads, they were an immense help. Very good stuff indeed...

Can you describe how you disabled the magazine disconnect feature on your P380-CA?

Thanks!