CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazine Disconnect Safties???

We did, you are, and hopefully we're not going there again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Indeed, things like LCIs and magazine disconnects are pretty controversial. For me, I can live with an LCI so long as it is not intrusive (my XD has one that I do not mind).

I don't like magazine disconnects, mostly because I see Murphy jumping in and ejecting my magazine in some sort of tussle, leaving me with a round in the chamber I can't fire.

But for some people, a magazine disconnect may make sense. The great thing about living in the US in this day in age is that one has several options. So you're definitely not "stuck" with a magazine disconnect (or without one, etc). I also subscribe to the KISS philosophy.

I don't care for locks on my revolvers nor a Mag disconnect on my semi autos. I will not own a semi auto or Revolver with any such a saftey. Sold My H&K USP 45F because of a lock built-in but still have my Glock G21.

That's where the sincere and articulate went. WTF, oh well, I stand by what I said then and now.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

What more can be said on this subject that hasn't already been said.
    I still say...

I can't help but wonder ; does the OP sell mag disconnect safties or simply own stock in a company that does?
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

That's a good one!

Now we need a Grim Reaper one for Bawanna for when he closes threads... or a vampire killer driving a stake into a vampire's heart.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I never recommend semi-autos for use by women. Not that some can't use them to great effect but MOST women have trouble racking the slide. Especially .380s and smaller calibers, since most of them work on a blow back type action they have much heavier recoil springs than even a .45.
    I am not trying to create an argument but I am sorry that I can't disagree with you more. Most women will also disagree with you. My wife and I spent months shopping for her first new handgun. Realize that she is a petite woman, but has shot very competitively, 3X state champion with a 50cal muzzle loader. She can handle a weapon beyond your imagination. She did not like revolvers, even though I tried to steer her that way because her body mechanics were such that the slide operation was not strength as much as mechanics. She did have a problem racking the slide on almost every handgun we looked at in 9mm, 40S&W and 45 (and that is ALOT of handguns over many months), with the exception of the 380 autos. In almost every gun we reviewed, the 380 autos have a much weaker spring than the others. We looked at almost every 380 auto on the market, because she actually liked the way she could operate the slide on the 380. She settled on the S&W Bodyguard 380 because she CAN EASILY work the slide. She also like it because it has reasonable sights, was sold at a good price and had multiple additional features that come with this little gun. However, the primary reason she selected the Bodyguard 380 is that she could work the slide easily and its' size.

From my wife, the key thing I've learned about a woman in the shooting sports is to let them make their own decisions. I simply show her different things and advise her of the pros and cons as I see them, but she makes her own decisions...and then she is happy. Happy Wife, Happy Life! She enjoys this 380 because she can shoot it very well and can operate it well. WE have no problem with her carrying a 380 auto semi. In fact, I am glad she does.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    That's a good one!

Now we need a Grim Reaper one for Bawanna for when he closes threads... or a vampire killer driving a stake into a vampire's heart.

Wynn
    Oh I really like the horse one, that would be a good one to add to the list here.

The grim reaper is cool too but too much of a girly man look to the face. Need one with a little more stern if you follow the flow of my river.

I want everyone to know that I really don't enjoy closing threads, I don't believe Justin or John enjoy it either. I probably do still have a swelled head with that big title and all. I've been thinking of seeking a promotion or at least add onto my title for more flashyness ya know.
    I've been accused of closing threads too soon. The last couple I got PM's wondering what was taking me so long to shut em down. So I guess I don't got the hang of it still being a rookie and all. No promotion duh?
    I'm trying to hold off and let things work themselves out. If I get PM's saying shut it down, thats what we call a clue, and one PM means theres lot thinking the same so that usually gets the plug pulled.
    Anyone whos been here even briefly knows what flys and what don't. Certain things get the plug pulled on the spot, others are circling the drain but maybe theres potential to be saved and some additional good info added.
    Guess I'm just trying to do the best I can for everybody even at the expense of maybe making a few not happy. I know we can't please everyone but I surely do try to.
    I do enjoy this place immensely and have lots of good friends here.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey! No criticism about you and the job you're doing... just trying to add a little humor. I borrowed the Googled Reaper. I was thinking a bit smaller and mounted in/on a chariot would be a closer "fit"... just in fun!

I have your Monroe Police pose in 8" by 10" on the wall here to show anyone my buddy on Kahrtalk... the one with the "service dog" and the M14. I love that photo.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Hey! No criticism about you and the job you're doing... just trying to add a little humor. I borrowed the Googled Reaper. I was thinking a bit smaller and mounted in/on a chariot would be a closer "fit"... just in fun!

I have your Monroe Police pose in 8" by 10" on the wall here to show anyone my buddy on Kahrtalk... the one with the "service dog" and the M14. I love that photo.

Wynn
    Aww Wyn, I didn't read it as any criticism but felt it was a good opportunity to explain myself for some of my actions. That was a cool dog in that photo and the M14 is on my desk. The dog washed out as a service dog, didn't get along with other dogs I guess, much to the happiness of one of the sgts families who grew attached to it. They got him back.
    The reaper in a chariot would be wicked cool for sure. Like that idea immensely.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan