Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New To Kahr Talk (Satisfied PM9 Owner considering moving to PM40)

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    With both a CW40 and PM40 in hand, I can tell you that the shorter grip makes the PM40 noticeably more lively. To me, the CW40 is a pussycat by comparison and more fun as a range toy for my wife. As usual, YMMV

Still, for me, it's hard to beat a nice hand cannon for pure fun. Yeah, I might be a recoil junkie.
    The CW40 is a OWB carry for me. With the temps here in the mid to upper nineties, and no relief in sight, I need something for the pocket or at least the ankle. Currently that would only be the PM9 or LCP. Is the PM40 that much worst than the PM9 with +P GD's? That I know I can handle OK.
    Last edited by O'Dell; 06-01-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    The CW40 is a OWB carry for me. With the temps here in the mid to upper nineties, and no relief in sight, I need something for the pocket or at least the ankle. Currently that would only be the PM9 or LCP. Is the PM40 that much worst than the PM9 with +P GD's? That I know I can handle OK.
    I don't think so, but I have never fired a PM9. At one time, we had a Kel-Tec P-11 (9mm) and P-40 upper (.40 S&W). Both slides worked about the same on the P-11 lower. I do not remember there being much difference in recoil between the two. My wife out-shot me with both, despite the horrible trigger and unsophisticated recoil spring system.

If you ever get to Tucson, you are welcome to shoot mine.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I have a thread here on my PM40 problems. I just updated the thread so it should be at the top.

Hope the thread helps you.
    -> HS2000 Gen1 9mm
    -> PM40
    -> Beretta 96 .40, CTC Laser, Trijicon Night Sights
    -> Astra A-100 9mm
    -> Star Super S 9mm Corto/.380
    -> Phoenix Arms .22 LR HP22 Auto

You're doubting the ability of the 9mm aren't you? Well... Mindset is extremely important, and having confidence in your equipment is vital. Yes the 40 recoil is slightly more, but not much compared to a 9mm +P+. Deal with it. If it makes you more confident, by all means do it.

You know you want it... (but this one is mine)

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    I don't think so, but I have never fired a PM9. At one time, we had a Kel-Tec P-11 (9mm) and P-40 upper (.40 S&W). Both slides worked about the same on the P-11 lower. I do not remember there being much difference in recoil between the two. My wife out-shot me with both, despite the horrible trigger and unsophisticated recoil spring system.

If you ever get to Tucson, you are welcome to shoot mine.
    Yeah, I had one of those P-11's several years ago too, but only in 9mm. I had to sell it because of that trigger.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mudfish View Post
    You're doubting the ability of the 9mm aren't you? Well... Mindset is extremely important, and having confidence in your equipment is vital. Yes the 40 recoil is slightly more, but not much compared to a 9mm +P+. Deal with it. If it makes you more confident, by all means do it.

You know you want it... (but this one is mine)
    I'm waiting on the CM40 and CM45. Those bells and whistles on the PM's aren't that important to me for a carry gun. I am keeping the PM9, however, while I wait.

I bought the PM40 first. I liked it so much that I got a PM9 also. Both are reliable and work in pocket or gunpack just great.

Some days I feel like a .40, and some days I like the idea of the extra round and 9mm is good enough.