Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie - PM9 as EDC, holster preference and second EDC choice

Default Newbie - PM9 as EDC, holster preference and second EDC choice

I just found this forum! Wow! This is what I'm really looking for because the Kahr PM9 is my favorite EDC. Depending on the situation or level of "rule of law" in an environment, I may sometimes carry the FN 5.7, S&W 640, 1911 or a Sig 226.

But overall, I carry the PM9 more often, everywhere I am legally allowed to CCW.

How many here really use the PM9 as their main Every Day Carry? What type of PM9 holster works best for you? If you're not carrying a PM9, what do you carry as an alterntive?

Thanks

welcome. just read up all u can on this forum, none better. u got the best kahr IMO.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Jocko. Read everything that pertains to you PM9 and then read everything else. Go to the Holsters and Gear link and read all about the holsters that people have tried. Then go to the PM link and gather more information about your new gun and more holsters. After your head is spinning about holsters and you are completely confused, buy one or two of the ones you think fit your needs. If you are like most of us you will have a drawer full of holsters in no time. Good luck.

Be safe and always plan for that gun in the back of your head walking out of the store.- Proud owner PM9 100% reliable

nice thing about this forum is that we have a PM section and a cw section and a K section,,,, so u can read of the issues and the tribulations...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Congrats, welcome......psssssssst, I gotta secret for you. Listen to jocko, he's the man around here. He wrote the excellent Kahr Prep guide.
    Kahr CM9

Silent Thunder holster, love it and he's a very good guy to work with to boot.
    http://www.giholsters.com/

Welcome! My primary is PM40 nylon pocket holster
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

When the Government is wrong, it's dangerous to be right!

Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter ... don't mind .
    .. and those that mind ... don't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerP9fan View Post
    Congrats, welcome......psssssssst, I gotta secret for you. Listen to jocko, he's the man around here. He wrote the excellent Kahr Prep guide.
    I'll second that little secret. If he offers you a ride on the back of his Harley you might want to pass on that but otherwise he's aces in my book.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome to Kahrtalk!

Man, where do you get all your energy? Can you transfer some of it to this near 67 year old fart?

My PM9 has become my main carry off the property. Got it for pocket carry when I realized it would fit comfortably in most (but not all) of my pants pockets. I use a modified by me Alabama pocket holster. The PM9 sees less carry around the house because I generally wear Dickie work pants and they unfortunately have rather small/tight pockets.

My other carries are a Kel-Tec .380 and a Glock 26. The .380 gets pocket carried and the Glock is carried appendix IWB. The .380 or Glock get the nod when wearing my Dickie work pants.

I should be all set with carry guns but every now and then I think about how'd it be nice to have something in .45 ACP.

Take care,
    Bill K.
    Last edited by Bill K; 06-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Welcome to Kahrtalk. New guys buy the ammo.

I carry my PM9 mainly in my front pocket, in a Desantis Nemesis. Occasionally I will carry it in a Comp-Tac C-TAC IWB holster. In both cases I have 2 spare mags in my back pocket in a JS Holsters mag pouch.

When I'm not carrying the PM9, I carry either an M&P9 full-size or M&P9 Compact in a Comp-Tac Infidel IWB holster.