Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CW9 vs. P9 vs PM9

say what you will about the barrel in the PM9, but my PM9 will drive tacks. My CW380 and CW9 are strictly "get off me" guns - accuracy is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoFastEddie View Post
    say what you will about the barrel in the PM9, but my PM9 will drive tacks. My CW380 and CW9 are strictly "get off me" guns - accuracy is poor.
    I would say it is how often and diligent you go to the range and train. I shoot at least once a week and you will always see me shooting a Pocket gun or Micro 9mm or small revolver. I fell in love with shooting a Pocket gun over 10 yrs ago and it became my niche as a shooting enthusiast. I find the Kahr CW380 and CM9 extremely easy to shoot tight groups with rapid fire out to 10-15 yds. I really do not see how a different barrel could improve much on this. Not where he would be significant. Maybe target shooting out to long ranges, but I do not do that kind of shooting.

I've owned the CM9 and it ran well. I just purchased and am enjoying a P9 I picked up for $369.00 new and shipped I shoot the longer barreled P9 better than the CM9. If you don't shoot regularly and dedicate range time and ammo to learning and being proficient with the CM/PM series you're doing a disservice to yourself. Carry convenience will not make up for poor or slow marksmanship if needed. Train.

I believe the FBI about gunfight distances. Therefore I do most of my practice at 10 feet without using the sights or bringing the gun up to eye level. I do still see the value in 10-15 yard shooting and practice it regularly. So how much difference in accuracy one barrel has over the other seems like a very minimal thing to me. JMHO.