Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Father's Day Desert Eagle 1911G

I haven't been back to this thread lately. Still love the Desert Eagle and still shoot 20-50 rounds each range trip, usually at steel silhouette targets at 50 and 100 meters. Gun is still very accurate and predictable. No problems at all. Love this 1911.

Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

I've been carrying mine all this week. I put some CT Laser grips on it and you just can't put grips on something and then just put it in the safe.

Still love it also. Great gun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna--this is the only gun I even try shooting out to 100m, admittedly at big steel silhouettes, but this gun is very, very accurate. I've knocked down 5 pigs with 5 shots in a row at 50 meters. On a good day. I haven't even tried that with my IDPA gun. I'm sure I could hit them with it, but there is something about knocking down steel with a 45 that is just a lot of fun compared to shooting them with a 9.
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

I agree, 25 yards is as far as I've shot mine and I rarely shoot anything at 25 yards, just a waste of bullet with me at the controls usually.

But with this thing head shots on a silouhette target are easy. I was shocked to be honest, really shocked.

It's made me rethink sights as well as I think the narrow front sight and wide notch allows me to place the shot better.
    Even black on black with no dots, or dot the I or anything. Amazing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just checking back in. Another few hundred rounds through my Desert Eagle over the last month or so, still absolutely perfect. I've let several other people shoot it and more than one are going to buy one.

I still get a kick out of shooting silhouettes at 100 meter with this gun.

Joe

I thought I would update this 8 year old thread. I still have the DE 1911G but I have added a Kart barrel and a Burris FF3 3 moa red dot on an EGW dovetail mount plate, just this week. I was able to go to the local 100 yard rifle range and shoot it. After zero and one 10 round target to confirm I had the holdover right, I was able to shoot this group. The eight "good" shots are in a 3-1/2" group. I'm STILL happy with this pistol, even though I have pretty much gone to CZ for my bullseye pistols.
    i-852HB8p-M.jpg

Holy moly Joe at 100yds! Looks like mine at 25yds. I got some work to do.