Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Father's Day Desert Eagle 1911G

Bawanna--Installed all the Wilson Combat parts last night. Everything fit perfectly, just as if the DE were a Colt. Will shoot it tonight, I hope. Hope you get yours soon. I kept all my DE parts so I can put them back in when I get tired of playing amateur gunsmith. Nothing wrong with the stock parts at all.

Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
    Bawanna--Installed all the Wilson Combat parts last night. Everything fit perfectly, just as if the DE were a Colt. Will shoot it tonight, I hope. Hope you get yours soon. I kept all my DE parts so I can put them back in when I get tired of playing amateur gunsmith. Nothing wrong with the stock parts at all.

Joe
    Did you mention replacing the slide stop lever originally? Seems like there was someone with the DE that did that and I don't recall why.
    I'm still in waiting myself. I'm kind of numb from all the wait but I think perhaps I'll appreciate it even more when if shows up. I hope so anyhow.

I just hope it shoots half as good as you say yours does.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I just got a DE 1911 and wanted to change out the sights too.

Did you have any problems finding the correct sights? Did you use the Kimber version? Any problems with the install (dovetail dimensions, have to modify shape, do a bunch of filing to make them fit, etc.?)

Thanks all.

Wickersham--yes, the Kimber II sights fit, I had to do a little filing, not bad.
    Bawana--yes, I replaced the slide stop after taking too much off to eliminate a bullet rub when I first got the gun. I put a Wilson Combat Bullet Proof stop in. Yours may be fine, if not, go slow.

It took a couple of tries but I finally got the trigger feel the way I want it. I can shoot this gun a little more comfortably now because the trigger feel is closer to the SIG single action feel. My stock Desert Eagle sear has a very narrow primary cut and the hammer hooks are at 0.017 or so. I set the Wilson Combat hooks at a little less than 0.020 and widened the primary on the sear. Now I have a 4 lb trigger with no creep but just the right amount of travel for me.

Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

I'm still in a holding pattern on mine but told it's suppose to be soon. If it don't get here soon I'm gonna need more meds.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here are some photos taken after shooting today but obviously before cleaning the gun...

I can't believe how darn pretty that magwell is!

Guess I better clean this thing up some time...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
    Here are some photos taken after shooting today but obviously before cleaning the gun...
    I can't believe how darn pretty that magwell is!

Guess I better clean this thing up some time...

Joe
    Magwell looks great!

Was your front sight pinned in? (mine is).

yes, front sight pinned in, just tap it out and then fit the new sight, leave the pin out.

This morning's project. Something to shoot at a range without IDPA stands. Equal opportunity consumables for--SIG P226's, Kahr's, 1911.

This is fun.
    Joe

Joe,
    you mind posting some pics of how the Meps look on the DE? Front and rear?
    Thanks,