Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first Kahr, CW9 range report.

Default My first Kahr, CW9 range report.

Hello guys, I just got back from my first range report. First I did the proper cleaning w/brake clean, then lubed according to the lube chart, polished the feed ramp (w/toothpaste!) and racked the slide 500 times! I also locked the slide open for a full day which is a trick I learned with my FNP-40, then I proceeded to fire 200 rds of FMJ down range.

Not one hiccup at all! Gun ran perfect! At first I though it was shooting a little low and to the left but I quickly learned it was operator error. I was out to break in the gun and wasnt worried about grouping. Having said that, when I did go for groups I could put it right where I wanted it. It took me a minute to get used to the trigger but I'm liking it now. Much smoother/lighter than my LCR which is DAO.

If I had to make a complaint I guess it would be, I wish the mag dropped a little easier, and really its just getting used to a different gun. This one I have to press the mag release all the way in when my other guns I dont. I'm ok with this because its a smaller gun and I wouldnt want to release the mag unintentionally. My hand is abit rough from the grip but I did just run 200rds in about 35 minutes. I do want to get a hogue slip grip for it though. Any recommendations for the Hogue?

I'm very pleased with my purchase and cant wait to get to know my girl a little better. I had a Taurus PT709 and that was horrible, FTE, jams all the time and had very bad accuracy and a terrible trigger. I though I was done with little 9s but the Kahr CW9 is a fantastic gun. Its a keeper!

Thanks for all the help and advice from the members of Kahrtalk!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Hully View Post
    My hand is abit rough from the grip but I did just run 200rds in about 35 minutes. I do want to get a hogue slip grip for it though. Any recommendations for the Hogue?
    Congrats and I'm very happy to hear about your success and keep running rounds through it. I put on a Hogue HandAll Jr for about $9 at Sportsman Warehouse and it has solved my problems.

Again, congrats on the successful range session.

Glad everything went well... That gun is a shooter!

Default try

Hello guys, I just got back from my first range report. First I did the proper cleaning w/brake clean, then lubed according to the lube chart, polished the feed ramp (w/toothpaste!) and racked the slide 500 times! I also locked the slide open for a full day which is a trick I learned with my FNP-40, then I proceeded to fire 200 rds of FMJ down range.

Not one hiccup at all! Gun ran perfect! At first I though it was shooting a little low and to the left but I quickly learned it was operator error. I was out to break in the gun and wasnt worried about grouping. Having said that, when I did go for groups I could put it right where I wanted it. It took me a minute to get used to the trigger but I'm liking it now. Much smoother/lighter than my LCR which is DAO.

If I had to make a complaint I guess it would be, I wish the mag dropped a little easier, and really its just getting used to a different gun. This one I have to press the mag release all the way in when my other guns I dont. I'm ok with this because its a smaller gun and I wouldnt want to release the mag unintentionally. My hand is abit rough from the grip but I did just run 200rds in about 35 minutes. I do want to get a hogue slip grip for it though. Any recommendations for the Hogue?

I'm very pleased with my purchase and cant wait to get to know my girl a little better. I had a Taurus PT709 and that was horrible, FTE, jams all the time and had very bad accuracy and a terrible trigger. I though I was done with little 9s but the Kahr CW9 is a fantastic gun. Its a keeper!

Thanks for all the help and advice from the members of Kahrtalk!

Steve
    some good paste wax to that magazine aqnd see if that helps any
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

. . . If I had to make a complaint I guess it would be, I wish the mag dropped a little easier, . . .
    My CW9 magazine doesn't drop free either; however, since I seldom carry a spare mag, I don't really consider that a shortcoming ... having the magazine fall out as a result of the mag release getting accidentally depressed would be more of a problem for me.

Try the Hogue JR grip.... it works perfect for me on my CW40. My .02.
    Enjoy it..... I have done a little less "detailing" for break in and cleaning and all, but after several hundred rounds, or maybe 1000 or more rounds, no failure to fire or eject. My one problem seems to be with the initial load with a full mag. If I don't "tap" the mag before inserting, sometimes it doesn't strip the first round. My table-tap works fine to cure that glitch. Have fun / be safe.
    Kahr CW40 -
    Springfield XDM compact 9mm
    SPringfield XDM .40
    Browning Buckmark
    S&W M&P 9 compact
    GTO - Core 15 - AR
    S&W M&P 15-22

Quote Originally Posted by CatnPhx View Post
    Congrats and I'm very happy to hear about your success and keep running rounds through it. I put on a Hogue HandAll Jr for about $9 at Sportsman Warehouse and it has solved my problems.

Again, congrats on the successful range session.
    I ordered one today! I went to my local funstore but they didnt have the jr. so I ordered one online. While I was there I picked up a LCP, its a neat little gun. So easy to put it in my pocket. Its gonna be my BUG.

I cleaned up the CW9 and the mag is dropping much easier and cleaner now. I cant wait for the Hogue to come, the grip is just a bit too rough and I think it'll make it perfect! Well until I get night sites installed! I'm headed to the range again this week to run the LCP and fire more rounds in the CW9! I'll keep you guys posted!

Well if you wanna go cheap before the Hogue comes in. Get a piece of bicycle inner tube and put that on the grip! Works for me as I did not care for the finger separation on the Hogue jr.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Sounds like you got a keeper. Empty mags on my PM9 don't drop free either.

Congrats...I love my CW9. No slingshot of slide / use release per manual.
    ??? you mentioned trick ...of locking slide open for a day. What is the benefit of that?