Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Anyone ever.....

Default Anyone ever.....

.....shoot one of these hand cannons? I had the distinct pleasure of shooting 20 rounds through a BFR chambered in 450 Marlin. For those that do not know, that is a "belted" rifle cartridge. First off, the gun is a fantastic piece of work. Very, very nice! I shot the gun in two sessions of 10 rounds each (had to reload of course). It hit exactly where I pointed it, and.... with serious authority! I love this gun!

The downside...
    My hand and wrist hurt for a week! I need to pick one of these guns up. I think it needs to be chambered in 45/70 though.

I just remembered they have the BFR chambered in .45LC and .410 shot shotshell. Hmmmmmm...... maybe that is the one to pick up instead of the 45/70.........

You have not lived until you shot a single action!

I'd go with the 45/70 myself. If they made a 460, that would be my choice since it will shoot 45 Colt and 454 Casull. I'm sure it would see way more 45 Colt than the others at the price.

Single actions do rock. I've had many and still have a few.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There is a 45-70 hand cannon here in Vegas on Backpage.com for sale for $750, with two cylinders. If I had the cash, I'd be tempted.

Biggest handgun I ever fired was a .454Casull. Bloody big blaster! If the 300grn bullet don't kill it, the FLAME will cook it!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

jackpinejim Guest

The big BFR is in fact chambered in 460, they had it out before S&W did bu several months!

I do so love me some SA's. I tend to go with 44 mag over 45 Colt, but the 500 has a place in my heart. I so want to play with a BFR.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.