Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cant get slide to come off...

Hi KC,
    Ummmm. I don't think you want to drive that out with the slide lock inside the slide. It would at the least damage the slide lock half moon area, and could bend/gouge the slide.

First thought I can come up with... maybe it's caught on the cocking cam??? I don't have a P380 to look at, but looking at my CM9 I think you have the gotten the feed ramp pushed up against the slide stop pin and the cocking cam is behind the slide cover plate.

Try pulling the trigger and turning the gun upside down, and jiggling the slide, pushing forward trying to slide it off again????
    Don't force anything yet. But maybe a gentle bump with your palm to the back of the slide while doing the above????

with the slide stop in the gun that slide is not going to move.
    another consideration, being that you slide the slide over the p;in and it is jamed. maybe a good rap on the back of the slide with a rubber mallet of a peace of wood on the backi of the slide and then a good rap with a hammer might just ride the slide right back over that pin. It ain't gonna come out talking about it. sooner or later one has to try what makes sense..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

BEARDOG,
    I tried that, no good. As far as pounding it out, it isn't coming out with out doing damage which I'm not willing to do. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to send it in (which makes me sick!). As I told you on the other forum you were 100% right as to the original problem to which I say thanks again.

I'm going to wait for the return email from Kahr support regarding the original issue then I'll see what they have to say about this pathetic error. I'll post the results good or bad after its all said and done so others who aren't used to slide pins don't make the same stupid mistake.

KC,
    I guess that's the safest way to go... and then they can fix the premature lock back's for you as well.

I think I would call and talk to Ian in service not just email.

did u say the gun was loaded. ??? Not sure kahr will accept it that way.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

takeing ]my P380 apart and positioning it exactly like your photo, only not actually on the gun, the only thing that I can see that is locking that slide on is that interface bar on the bottom of the slide. Thereason it cannot go back further is that the pin is resing against the backside of thge barrel lub, I do not think the cocking cam can be interfering with the slide in any way. I stillthink if you give the back of that slide a good rap, not hand pressure but a hard fast rap it will move over that slide lock pin.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Chambers loaded...

The cam is holding the striker.

I think you'll be able to depress the ejector pin on the back plate, then carefully finesse the plate down a bit and finally off the slide without messing with the striker spring guide. The guide is plastic, it has some give and if need be it can be sacrificial (its cheap). My PM45 can be deftly manipulated to get the slide plate off...without messing with the striker spring guide, so the 380 ought to be similar.

Once you have that, then take out the striker spring.

Then take off the side plate - and manipulate the parts to clear the cam from the striker - with no spring its not going bang.

Then take the slide off, reassemble and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    did u say the gun was loaded. ??? Not sure kahr will accept it that way.
    It's not loaded. I was trouble shooting the continual slide lock back by loading a full mag into the frame while the pin was in the frame to see if it was the cause and it was. It was after that that I made the mistake of sliding the slide on without removing the pin.

cjb. I don't think with slide positioned where it is at,,, that one can remove that back plate. the gun is not loaded so that is a plus. does my thoughts on this sound feasible in that the interface bar (long bar on the bottom of the slide) is jammed over that pin? I don't think the cocking cam plays any part of his issues as the slide is not back far enough to engage the cocking cam to do anything, let alone pulling the trigger should release the cocking cam

I think u meant extractor pin and not ejector pin...

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

In fooling with mine I'm with the crowd and wonder if some combination of trigger pulled and tapping the back of the slide with a mallet would do it. Kinda like to get the slide off when disassembling it to clean. True if you could get the slide plate off the back you may be able to see what's going on too.

You know I think I did this before with a CW9 but I just cant remember. I don't remember if I had the slide stop in and racked it or what but I had it hung up the same way. I think I had to fool with the trigger while forcing the slide forward and I got it free.

Don't feel too bad. This stuff happenes to me all the time. but I learn a lot fixing the messes I make. I had a good boss at work one time that said "if your not breaking something every now and then, you're not working." I think you'll figure it out.