CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Can't find holster for Taurus 745 Millennium Pro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Can't find holster for Taurus 745 Millennium Pro

Does anybody know why there doesn't seem to be any holsters made specifically for the Taurus PT745 Millennium Pro pistol? This is the one with the single stack 6 round mag. It has been on the market for years. There are tons of holsters for the PT145, and many other of the Millennium Pro line, but none for what is one of the most compact of concealable 45 handguns on the market, with favorable reviews.

I have looked carefully at the pictures of the MP line on the Taurus website, and this gun is not shaped exactly like any of the others, especially in the front. The PT145 is more squared off and has a rail. The PT140 is more squared off, but no rail.

What gives? Has this gun never sold well enough to get the attention of the holster makers?
    Very interesting...

I found a couple. Fobus makes a paddle holster that fits it, simply because it is a very brief holster that leaves the entire front of the gun exposed. And I found a couple of holsters at http://www.theholsterstore.com/.
    Very interesting...

Hey, find out if they make a blue gun for it and I am sure custom holster builder near me would make you a deluxe conceal carry holster for it. They use the blue guns to mold holsters. I just talked to Bruce yesterday and he is getting a blue gun tomake me a J-Frame holster for my Smith 360PD.
    I have the Slim Jim model for my other guns and absolutely love them, beleave me I have tried about 20 different holsters to get the perfect fit and look.

http://northstarholsters.com/

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

That's a good looking holster! I'll check it out. Here is where I am waiting for a call back saying that it is my turn to get this holster made for my CM9:

I will be getting mine in black:

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

I'll ask him if he can get a blue gun and make one of these for a PT745.

But he has some very beautiful holster designs, and workmanship that is tops! And check out all of the high def pictures. You'll get lost for hours viewing the galleries of pictures and clicking on them to enlarge them! I predict some additions to your computer's wallpaper collection!
    Very interesting...

Erik makes nice holsters, I had one and found it was just to thick to be comfortable. Very well made however. They look nice, but the style of clip used makes them thick.

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

No kidding? Even though it is offset? I imagine the reinforcing band around the top would tend to make it stiffer. When I asked about it, Eric said he makes the standard holster with leather that is a little thicker at the top so it doesn't have to have the band. So, I am planning to get mine without one.

I can see how that sturdy metal clip is a little thicker than the Kydex ones on your holster above, but it has a lip that sticks out at the bottom that is easier to grasp and hold onto when putting on/taking off the holster. And it'll never break. But Eric says that a wide belt loop can be chosen for this holster. I bet that would be thinner. Harder to get on and off, though. I might consider that because this is a tuckable holster, and I would have to have my pants open to tuck the shirt in anyway, so I could pull the belt out of 2 belt loops on the pants to put the holster on pretty quickly, tuck my shirt in, make sure the barn door is closed , and I'd be ready to go. I don't anticipate a lot of taking off and putting back on during the day with this kind of holster anyway. I'd go with a paddle or OWB/IWB holster with snap loops for that.
    Very interesting...

I called Taurus CS (I find it easy and quick to get through to them, and they are always friendly and helpful), and asked about the mystery concerning the availability of holsters for the 745. He affirmed that this gun never sold in the numbers that the slightly wider, higher capacity 145 has. But then he said that both guns are shaped the same. I pointed out that the 145, as pictured on their website, has a squared of nose with a picatinny rail. He said that change occurred in 2009, and we both agreed that most, if not all, of the holsters made for the 145 are made for the older version. So, WALLAH! I suddenly have a myriad of holster choices! I'll check the return policy very carefully before ordering, though, especially with Kydex holsters.
    Very interesting...

I'd give Jim Murnak at Fist Holsters a call. He can make a holster for a '62 Impala.
    Bill

Thanks Willieboy.
    Very interesting...