Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with my Crimson Trace laser

Very Nice! do you have to remove the sight to change the batteries?

jeepster,

wow a ported 10mm w/ laser....you are serious business.

I do like how the CTL is activated--no thinking on my part.

I just encounted problems ....sent this Email to Crimson Trace Customer Service ... haven't heard back ...will call them after the holiday.

I recently purchased a LG-437 for my Kahr CW9. I received the laser on 6/10/11. Installed per instructions. I went to range sighted in laser and put 175 rounds thru it. The laser was Dead On. Yesterday went to range and after approximately 20 rds noticed laser was off.

Using a bench rest provided by the range ...I could not get this laser sighted in! Could the laser have become dislodged internally? This gun has never been dropped or taken a harsh blow of any kind (it is a new firearm). What could the problem be? How do I resolve?

Note: when I get close to having laser sighted and then take one or two shots to check ... I ended up having to start over ...because its no longer close. That is why I wonder about an internal problem. I have not removed the laserguard since original installation.

Checked and double checked ...mounting/installation is secure. I'm familar with the laserguards, as I have one (LG-436) on my G26 which operates flawlessly.PLEASE HELP!

My laser was made April 2011 so it a new laser also. I used a laser bore sight to zero it in but the two times I went to the range and fired a few rounds the laser moved but only from side to side never up or down. I first emailed Crimson Trace customer twice with NO RESPONSE from them. It was after calling them for the second time after I having other problem that they gave me a RA number.

Default Mine was moving too

My laserguard was losing zero on my PM9. I posted about it. But, I torqued those little tiny screws tighter than I thought prudent initially, and it stays right on now.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

YEP. Tighten them screws down good and if it still moves, simply add Agrips and it won't move even with pocket carry. I never need to adjust mine and never worry about it moving at all.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

garyb, I had Agrip on my pm9 and sometimes it would move when I had the laser on it. I admit I never tighten the screws to the point where they were sticking out I was afraid it might damage the screws. I will try it when I get it back from Crimson Trace

With my CW9. I had a bad case of the laser moving off point just carrying in my pocket.
    CT rep told me to just whack it on a hard surface before using.
    What an intolerable response!
    I've been trying to rectify the situation for a couple years.
    I finally figured it out.
    Remove the CT clamshell and remove the torx screw that retains the cover for the laser diode.
    Drill a small hole through that cover so that you can look through it to see the diode.
    Replace the cover and torx screw.
    Remount the laser sight to the pistol.
    Place the gun in a vise and set the laser sight to agree with a laser bore sighter, further the better.
    Dismount the laser sight and with a hot glue gun, inject hot glue into the hole you made.
    This locks the diode in place. If you have to take it apart again, the glue can be removed with a pick, it doesn't stick.
    Remount the sight on the gun and verify the aim.