Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What brand of .45 bullets do ya'll prefer?

Default What brand of .45 bullets do ya'll prefer?

I found some Berry's http://www.berrysmfg.com/product-i14..._230gr_RN.aspx that look promising. Also, free shipping with orders of $50.
    Yes, I am a gun lovin' woman!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by melissa5 View Post
    I found some Berry's http://www.berrysmfg.com/product-i14..._230gr_RN.aspx that look promising. Also, free shipping with orders of $50.
    http://www.precisiondelta.com/detail...u=B-45-230-FMJ

These are real FMJ, not plated although Berry's is good stuff, I hear. Never used it but know many who have.

119 per 1000 including shipping. You might call as it's a little confusing. I read it as a 2000 minimum but I'm not sure that's actually the case. I went with 2000. Nice bullets, very consistant in the ones I've used so far.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

OK, I like lead as I can get them from a local source at $67.00 per thousand. These are either 200 grain LSW or 230 RNL with a BH of 18. Never had any problem with leading in my 9 mm, 38/357 and the 45. Also, don't have any of those guns with the polygonal barrels. But then again, some indoor ranges may not let you shoot lead. There are 2 near me that won't and 1 that will. The outdoor range doesn't care one way or the other.

Only 300 more posts till I become a 1000 club member. Gonna have to think of a karma give away. Thought of something. You'll just have to wait
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I buy mine from my local reloading store. They are made in by a company that has "Nevada" in the name but used to be something else. Okay so I forgot! The local guy sells pallet loads weekly and the 500 round box shelf price is less than the online price. The lead price is a little less than plated but not by much.

Point is check local sources before buying as you may be surprised (or not).
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

^^^What OldLincoln said ^^^^ check local sources first and see what their prices are. You may be surprised especially on small quantities of powder and primers. Hazmat really eats up savings if you only order small amounts. Also, if you buy online and have the bullets mailed, be on real good terms with your postal carrier
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Berry's runs hot and cold from my own experience Melissa5

target and practice ammo - go cheap, make it function

defensive ammo - factory stuff only

Just got in 1000 rounds of WWB, and 1000 rounds of Aguilla ammo, 45cal and some bargain basement prices (better than wally world by about 20 percent). That was local gun show stuff, so the deals are out there. I see better ammo deals at gun shows than any other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    http://www.precisiondelta.com/detail...u=B-45-230-FMJ

These are real FMJ, not plated although Berry's is good stuff, I hear. Never used it but know many who have.

119 per 1000 including shipping. You might call as it's a little confusing. I read it as a 2000 minimum but I'm not sure that's actually the case. I went with 2000. Nice bullets, very consistant in the ones I've used so far.
    What Bawanna said.
    These are the cheapest/best jacketed bullets I've found and I have tried just about all of them.
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Quote Originally Posted by 500KV View Post
    What Bawanna said.
    These are the cheapest/best jacketed bullets I've found and I have tried just about all of them.
    Excellent! Ya'll have convinced me. Too bad they are out of stock at the moment.

Maybe I'll go with LRN for the first go round.
    Yes, I am a gun lovin' woman!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Hmm... Looks like the 230gr LRN are also on backorder melissa.
    I wouldn't think you would have a long wait for the FMJ's though. They're one of his most popular.

You could give him a call.
    Maybe he had to get away for a few days; who knows.
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Quote Originally Posted by 500KV View Post
    Hmm... Looks like the 230gr LRN are also on backorder melissa.
    I wouldn't think you would have a long wait for the FMJ's though. They're one of his most popular.

You could give him a call.
    Maybe he had to get away for a few days; who knows.
    Do that Melissa, see how long you'll have to wait. If it's too long I'll send you a box of 500. I got almost 4 left and they will last me a long time. I could get along fine with one box less.
    Plus you'll only have 500 to burn if you don't like em but I promise you there is nothing not to like. They are really good stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."