Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo made in the USA

Default Ammo made in the USA

Is it important to you that your ammo is made here? If so what do you use? Do companies actually make the ammo here or do they buy it from an outside source and package it here?

The ammunition offered by Winchester, Federal, CCI/Speer, Hornady, and Remington is made in the states. Hornady buys steel cases from Russia, but then 'details' it here for loading in its TAP training line.

Aguila is a Remington-owned subsidiary in Mexico.

Other ammunition commonly sold here Fiocchi (Italian), RWS (German), Prvi Partisan (Serbian), Eley (UK), Tula/Wolf/Barnaul/Silver Bear (Russia), Norinco (China).

I prefer my self-defense ammunition to be made here.

mbogo

I sure didn't know hORNADY AMMO WAS STEEL CASES, ARE U SURE OF THAT???
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yes, I am sure.

The TAP Training ammunition uses steel cases. From their website -
    Hornady® Training™ ammunition provides a cost-effective alternative to the standard TAP® loads for tactical training. Loaded with Hornady® bullets and proven propellants coupled with a higher quality lacquer-coated steel case and berdan primer, Hornady® Training™ ammunition is designed to deliver point of aim / point of impact consistency when compared to comparable TAP® offerings. Hornady® Training™ Ammunition—an economical, high-quality solution for Law Enforcement training.
    http://www.hornadyle.com/products/de...l?id=72&sID=94

mbogo

that sucks for me.. is that for TAP use only and not the same Hornady that one buys over the counter..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot are about as far as I stray from USA made ammo.

My SD ammo is Hornady TAP & Speer Gold Dots.
    Yes, I am a gun lovin' woman!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    that sucks for me.. is that for TAP use only and not the same Hornady that one buys over the counter..
    TAP Training only. The 'regular TAP ammo (223 REM TAP URBAN®, 223 REM TAP® BARRIER™, 223 REM TAP® BTHP, and 223 REM TAP® NTX™) have brass cases.

Why does this suck for you?
    mbogo

I believe USA Ammo is made/reloaded here in the US. I don't know where they source their components from. I have some on order... I'll let you all know how it shoots in my CM9 once it gets here and I can get to the range.

Some of the Fiocchi ammo is manufactured or loaded in the USA, in Ozark, MO, I believe.

Default USA Ammo for me!

Speer, Federal and Winchester - not necessarily in that order.
    44 Mag, 45 ACP, 40 S&W, 38 Special and 357 Sig.
    (Even at 16 I used to run 22 cal CCI Stingers in my Ruger 10/22!)