Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo made in the USA

All the ammunition I buy is made in the U.S. Remington,Speer,Winchester etc.I feel that American ammo is probably the best made in the world.All of the handguns I own however.are not all American made.That strikes me as a bit odd now that I think of it.The reloaded ammunition I use is manufactured in North Carolina by an incredibly handsome,virile man with a slightly off center sense of humor.He is keenly aware of his importance to the survival of the human race but humble to a fault.Altruism is his watchword in life and he laughs in the face of adversity.All women want him and all men want to be like him.His modesty prevents me from disclosing his name.I`ll just refer to him as...Paul.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich View Post
    All the ammunition I buy is made in the U.S. Remington,Speer,Winchester etc.I feel that American ammo is probably the best made in the world.All of the handguns I own however.are not all American made.That strikes me as a bit odd now that I think of it.The reloaded ammunition I use is manufactured in North Carolina by an incredibly handsome,virile man with a slightly off center sense of humor.He is keenly aware of his importance to the survival of the human race but humble to a fault.Altruism is his watchword in life and he laughs in the face of adversity.All women want him and all men want to be like him.His modesty prevents me from disclosing his name.I`ll just refer to him as...Paul.
    (I have to admit my P220 and P239, at least parts, were made elsewhere - oh well)

I know his brother.

Eley, Aguila, S&B, PMC... quality ammo is quality ammo, and garbage is garbage. You try a few boxes... if it works out, stock up.

Default yup

u have been around bawanna to damn long
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Centerfire Pistols - For practice and play my philosophy is to buy the cheapest brass cased ammo available that works, regardless of brand. This allows me to buy more and practice more. For serious social purposes I stick to the best ammo that works reliably in a particular firearm. For my pistols that means Corbon, except for my Beretta Laramie which gets Speer Gold Dot.
    Centerfire Rifle - For practice and play, again it is the cheapest brass cased, non-corrisive, ammo available that works. And Federal or Hornaday for hunting.
    Rimfire - For .22 LR I like the copper washed Federal bulk ammo for most purposes and CCI Stinger for hunting with one of my rifles. For .22 Mag. I use Hornaday or CCI Maxi Mag.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I would have expected more of a buy American mantra from this forum.

I prefer American made.

I have used Sellier & Bellot and it's great.

I can use Wolf ammo in my rifles no problem, but not so good in my pistols.

Don't use it anymore even with the cost savings for range ammo. Too irritating with the failures to feed or eject or whatever.
    Diocoles
    DAV
    Life Member NRA
    VFW Member

Here's a little bit of added info for you too. Winchester and others will contract to S&B, and Wolf if they can't handle the demand for a run.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocoles View Post
    I prefer American made.

I have used Sellier & Bellot and it's great.

I can use Wolf ammo in my rifles no problem, but not so good in my pistols.

Don't use it anymore even with the cost savings for range ammo. Too irritating with the failures to feed or eject or whatever.
    I know this is a long shot but can anyone tell me the proper pronunciation of Sellier and Bellot?I`ve used their ammo too but I don`t know how to ask for it by name except for S&B.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.