Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which shooting stance do you use?

My preferred shooting stance is sitting down.

Very interesting...

i think its called a comabt isosolice. elbows straight while gun is outstretched, knees slightly bent, lead foot about a half step infront of the other.

Push to the isosolice, get a good trigger press and repeat on your front sight cadiance as required...

Of course, none of the targets I practice on have yet to shoot back and prove my system full of folly.

I think one has to master the basics of marksmanship first. The Weaver and Iso "stance" are good to learn as it presents to the new student as a form of "combat" trainning. In learning the martial art of pistol defence, getting the frame of mind right is the most important thing.
    A real gunfight will have it's own unique set of "stances", sprints and duck & covers. Try shooting from every position and each hand every couple of sessions. Right now I have been working on my "speed rock" as I had a stovepipe last time I tried it. I must have done something in error... Got to practice till it works everytime.

At least it's fun.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    My preferred shooting stance is sitting down.

And with your finger on the trigger, I see. Can't see 'em in the picture, but are there steel-toed shoes to go with the bow tie?
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

I personally don't like the isosceles stance. It's too easy to be pushed off balance and does not lend itself for quick movenment. I've always utilized a weaver or modified weaver. However several of the comments are on target regarding moving and shooting.