Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: CM9 7 round clip

Default CM9 7 round clip

Has any one else had any trouble with the 7 round clips failure to feed. My 6 round clip works great, no problems at all, but the 7 round clip will have a failure to feed occasionally. I have called Khar Tech. support and they tell me it is the way that I hold the gun putting pressure on the clip extension finger grip. I have shot the gun with out even toughing the grip extension and still had failure to feeds. I have 3, 7 round clips and they all have had failure feeds. I have taken them apart and cleaned them but that did not help. Khar said they would repace them with 6 round clips but I lake having the extra round. Any suggestions, thanks, Dave

First, it's a Magazine. A few of the 7 rounders have been problematic, but not all. I've never understood why someone would buy one of the best concealment pistols out there and make it less concealable by extending the grip 1/2 inch or so. If 6+1 isn't sufficient, carry an extra mag. When my PM9 was ordered I asked for two extra 6 round mags and gave the 7 rounder away w/o even trying it. The last I heard, Kahr would swap a 6 rounder for the 7.

I sent my problem 7 rounder, that came with my PM9, back to Kahr in exchange for a 6 rounder. Exchange was OKed before I sent it to Kahr.

Those who have reliable 7 round mags can carry them as a backup mag to their 6 rounder. I carry a spare mag when carrying my PM9 (the replacement 6 rounder) and P3AT (9 rounder). When carrying my Glock 26 I'll not carry a spare, thinking 11 is enough but more so mag is really thick.

Bill K.

Hers what may be the problem.
    On some mags, the follower is catching on the mag latch inside the gun.
    There is a post somewhere on this forum that fixes it but I can't find it.
    Perhaps someone else remembers it and can link you to it.

Default #1

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    Has any one else had any trouble with the 7 round clips failure to feed. My 6 round clip works great, no problems at all, but the 7 round clip will have a failure to feed occasionally. I have called Khar Tech. support and they tell me it is the way that I hold the gun putting pressure on the clip extension finger grip. I have shot the gun with out even toughing the grip extension and still had failure to feeds. I have 3, 7 round clips and they all have had failure feeds. I have taken them apart and cleaned them but that did not help. Khar said they would repace them with 6 round clips but I lake having the extra round. Any suggestions, thanks, Dave
    go to thye kahr tech section and hit on PROPPER P[REPNG OF UR NEW KAHR. It address your issue and shows u how to trouble shoot it also. #2. For some reasons they give issues, some have no issues. To me and this is just my opinion. U bought an ultra conceal weapon, so why would u want to add about 3/4 inch to the over all size of the gun. If u can't do it with 7 rounds in the gun, ur a dead man, carry a spare 6 rounder if u feel the need, that gives u now 13 rounds. If u can't do it in 13, again ur probalby dead.

Personally for me I have read enough of the issues people have with the extended magazine to tell me at least to shy away from it
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY