Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Gun Grease?

I've been using Militec-1 grease on the rails.
    Yes, I am a gun lovin' woman!
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I shoot Tactical Matches, and a lot of guys use Mobil One High Mileage Synthetic oil on their AR carbines. They showed me their bolts after shooting a hundred rounds or more and they were still wet.

I've used it in my Sig 556 and it works well. I bought a can of Mobil One Synthetic grease and have been using it on my Sig 556 and Glock 19. It works.

Hell soap suds will work on a damn G19. don't gtive the lube credit for that. I run Mobil one in allmy cars, My Porsche, Audi and Mercedes have a big sticker under the hood saying use Mobil One only. We sold Mobil product in our Goodyear business for 69 years. I run Mobil One V-twin in allmy Harleys.

I don't use any Mobil products on my guns. My feeling is that if you have a gun that works great with Mobil One, one is giving to much credit to the lubricant.Most of the chemical additives in Mobil One has nadda effect or value in a gun.. but if u like it and it works for you, who am I say not to do it..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I use (basically) this:

I say basically, because the stuff I have is
    a nickel anti-seize but the bottle and part #
    is different (guessing it's from old stock),
    I have had really good results with it.

And I know someone who said they are using this:

and have claimed good results as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Hell soap suds will work on a damn G19. don't gtive the lube credit for that. I run Mobil one in allmy cars, My Porsche, Audi and Mercedes have a big sticker under the hood saying use Mobil One only. We sold Mobil product in our Goodyear business for 69 years. I run Mobil One V-twin in allmy Harleys.

I don't use any Mobil products on my guns. My feeling is that if you have a gun that works great with Mobil One, one is giving to much credit to the lubricant.Most of the chemical additives in Mobil One has nadda effect or value in a gun.. but if u like it and it works for you, who am I say not to do it..
    You have a Porsche, Audi AND a Mercedes? I looked inside a Mercedes once, I was careful not to touch anything even though the owner was there and the window was down. I'm usually not like this but I'm a little bit jealous.
    I know I'll get a fish head in the mail for this.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm yet another (cheapskate and) fan of STP Oil Treatment as gun lube.

i use rem-oil, cheap and readily available at walmart. plus its got vci's that bond to the metal to aid against corrosion, all my pistols have always run buttery smooth with it, its light and my pistols clean up easily.
    peace on earth

Armadillo Guest

I was convinced to come over here from Sigfourm and pitch my new grease to you fellas. I hear many oil and grease arguments at gun shows and on the internet and many are the same. Motor oil, high end, old standards. The grease I sell is a synthetic Aluminum complex grease at www.lubrikit.com. It was designed for million dollar food manufacturing machines and is of course food safe (H-1). One of the main reasons I like it (doesn't poison me every time I use it) and it won't stain your clothes either.
    I learned about it from Grant Cunningham's aritcle lubrication 101
    I figured hey that sound like some pretty good stuff but it comes in 35Lb pails. I bought some and it works as advertised, so I decided to put it in syringes and bottles and sell it. Give it a try...I am having a forum special which is four 15cc syringes and a 4oz bottle of oil for $22 shipped http://www.lubrikit.com/special.htm. I can offer a few sample to whomever wants to try it out first, just send me a pm.

Thanks

I am a big fan of the following:

Brian Enos Slide Glide (For my range/safe queen Sigs)
    Slipstream Grease and Oil (Carry/duty gun)
    TW25B (Used to be for carry/duty gun)
    Gun Butter (Replaced by slipstream)

Can you tell that I like the slipstream stuff? I'll keep using Slide Glide Lite for my range/safe queens,but Slipstream is where it's at IMO.

yule tide season rigt now Bawanna,no horse heads set during the monthof December. so u safe, FIRE AWAY.

Gloves are off come Jan. 1 though.

Probalby lubricants and ammo are two of the most discussed topics on any gun forum, No set answer for either. Use what u like, Use what works great for u. Years ago not many lubes were out there, let alone the big discussions on them either. Course we now have the internet to fokk things up and mess with our minds to...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY