Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's The Best Gun Grease?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff00042 View Post
    Any idea why some companies would recommend against using grease?
    Grease + dirt = lapping compound and accelerates wear. A light oiling is all that is necessary.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I know I am 11 years late to this thread, but what about Enos Slide Glide standard ?(red in color) Light grease. Recently bought a Kahr P9. I saw the sticky on lube points with oil. Is it any different with this light gun grease?

Not to me. If two parts rub together they need lube. I'm also convinced that there isn't probably a whole lot of difference in the various oils and grease. Some of course seem to work better than others.
    The main thing is that there is lube where it needs to be.
    I have favorites of course but probably not any better really than anybody else's.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Actually, the best grease is bacon grease. Pros..........smells like bacon, stays fluid when warm for quite some time. When shooting, it smells like breakfast. Everyone at the range gets hungry and leaves...Cons.......it smells like bacon; it messes up your holsters, it gets on the furniture, and cats and dogs follow you everywhere.

All good points!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Go to an auto parts store and buy a good grease gun and several tubes of Lucas “Red N Tacky” grease and you will have a lifetime supply of gun grease and a tool to take care of anything else in the garage that has a fitting or needs a shot of grease…..”Red N Tacky” is about the best multi use high performance grease on the market……Many products marketed for gun use are no different from other products but you pay more for them and get a lot less of it…….