Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PM9 Mag Release RUSTING!

The rear sight will do the same thing, CLP and a nylon brush should take it off.
    I treat each area with CLP at my bi-weekly cleanings and have avoided any further issues.
    If a sign could stop evil….They’d make holsters for them!!

Gentlemen. It is blued or blackened steel and subject to the kind of rust you would expect from that material.

But, because we love you, we will be glad to protect your prized pistols by storing them here in Arizona's famously low humidity, for a very reasonable fee. Generous as we are, we will still expect you to pay all transfer fees, sorry.

Hey, it works for airplanes . . .

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Default very

Quote Originally Posted by Rubb View Post
    The rear sight will do the same thing, CLP and a nylon brush should take it off.
    I treat each area with CLP at my bi-weekly cleanings and have avoided any further issues.
    good point.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

And I almost forgot…. the little circle part on the slide release….treat that area too.
    If a sign could stop evil….They’d make holsters for them!!

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I have noted the same thing on my PM40 which is blackened and carried in a Remora. Like everyone else, I don't like it, but I decided that if I am going to carry her IWB against my skin, or pocket, sweating, etc...I have to expect to oil her a bit more often. It is simply the nature of the beast and can be kept in check with more frequent wiping and oiling. Not a huge deal and I've seen it in other stainless firearms due to weather on prolonged adventures. Keep them wiped down and oiled and they will serve you well.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Tucson, a lot of my old weapons were stored there, but the SALT caused them to be "degraded" into larges pieces... by the world's largest guillotine... <sniff> my beloved BUFFs.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

only had my cm9 for two weeks.i carry it in a crossbreed mini-tuck;very comfortable.i think i may also pick up the DeSantis Superfly holster as well for an alternate dress carry option for cargo shorts pockets(wider) for the small price it costs and great quality i hear!

Default Rusting PM9

I am new to this forum and I will be getting my first PM9 tomorrow. The subject of rusting stainless steel really caught my attention. According to the Kahr website, the slide on the PM9 is made from 416 Stainless Steel.

At another website, I determined that 416 Stainless Steel is a martensitic free machining grade of stainless that can be hardened by heat treatment to achieve elevated strength and hardness. Due to its low cost and ready machinability, 416 stainless steel is readily used in its highly tempered state. It exhibits better machining characteristics than austenitic grades, however, sacrifices corrosion resistance.

I thought this information might be of interest.

I'm not sure the mag release btotn is even stainless. It is a MIM part and I would not think it is stainless, so for some people their body chemical makeup could be causing it along with the location where u live. My oh My what did we do when there was no stainless guns back years ago.

Probalby some iron content in all stainless to. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I had rust developing on my CW380 mag release. I removed it from the weapon, cleaned it, and seasoned it just like an iron skillet. No rust returned as yet...