Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My local GS has 3 used CW45s WOW.

Default My local GS has 3 used CW45s WOW.

I was thinking of a CW45, but with all the trouble everyone is having and now I see 3 used CW45 at the local gun store, what is up.

Tongue in cheek... If you want to hear about problems with Kahrs this is the place.

Not certain about the 3 used CW45s at your LGS. I'd ask at the store, perhaps they can explain their having 3. I can understand your concerns.

good question. ask them, they just might tell you. should not be indicative of a problem.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I think they switched the P380 building team over to the CW45 line. (kinda joking, half serious) My CW45 had problems, the trigger wouldn't reset half the time, so I sent it back to Kahr and they fixed it and had it back exactly one week later. I thought that was damn fine customer service. It works great now, has ate everything I've fed it, mostly WWB, and a few different SD Loads, mostly PDX1 from Walmart. Still have a couple mags of Gold Dot and some Golden Sabre 185+P to test, but haven't had time to get to the range. Seems like quite a bit of work was done to it at Kahr, but they did it and had it back in exactly 1 week. I'm very happy with it now. If there is warranty on those, and they want a reasonable amount for them, I might grab on. I got mine new for $352 from Jet Guns, a price I have not seen since, and the gun was taken off the list of Kahrs after I placed my order. Throw in free shipping and a transfer cost of $20 and I had the gun for $374 total.
    I heard that Jet Guns bought one of Bud's shops, and perhaps they were getting rid of all the old Bud's inventory and priced it to move quickly, but who knows. Right now the only CW series at Jet is the 9mm priced at $352. Bud's has the .45 for $417.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I bought a Keltec PF9 and I struggled with it for 600 rounds then the slide cracked. All is well now but, when I was going through the situation I would get SOOOOO frustrated when I would read in that forum about the guys that said their's worked fine "out of the box". I got really sick of reading that.

However, here I am on this forum and the shoe is on the other foot. I'm almost sorry to say it but,....... my CW45 worked fine right out of the box. Well, I did do a clean and grease prep but, that doesn't count.

I hope you get a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by freefire2 View Post
    I bought a Keltec PF9 and I struggled with it for 600 rounds then the slide cracked. All is well now but, when I was going through the situation I would get SOOOOO frustrated when I would read in that forum about the guys that said their's worked fine "out of the box". I got really sick of reading that.

However, here I am on this forum and the shoe is on the other foot. I'm almost sorry to say it but,....... my CW45 worked fine right out of the box. Well, I did do a clean and grease prep but, that doesn't count.

I hope you get a good one!
    I was looking at a PF9 at a gun show and when I asked the guy behind the table if he had heard many problems from folks that bought a PF9. He looked at me, didn't say a word, opened up another case, and pulled out a CW9. Then he told me "This ones is a volkswagon, this one is a lexus. If you want quality the Lexus is only $100 more." I bought the Kahr and have never looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Tongue in cheek... If you want to hear about problems with Kahrs this is the place.

Not certain about the 3 used CW45s at your LGS. I'd ask at the store, perhaps they can explain their having 3. I can understand your concerns.
    That's good advice.

Personally, I have three Kahr pistols now: a CW45, CW9, and a K9. The CW45 is the only one I've had any issues with. It's also the one I would keep if I could only have one of the three.
    Regards,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I was looking at a PF9 at a gun show and when I asked the guy behind the table if he had heard many problems from folks that bought a PF9. He looked at me, didn't say a word, opened up another case, and pulled out a CW9. Then he told me "This ones is a volkswagon, this one is a lexus. If you want quality the Lexus is only $100 more." I bought the Kahr and have never looked back since.
    Sounds right to me. When my PF9 proved unreliable, I sold it and bought my first Kahr 4 years ago, a CW9. That one was stolen almost a year ago, but I still have the PM9 and CW40, my favorite, and will soon have a PM or CM40.

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    he certainly was no tlieing to u about the gun part.One is a lexus and the other a edsel. VWs are pretty good vehicles.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

How about a Yugo vs. a Lexus?

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".