Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW45 issues????

ecwcfl Guest

Default CW45 issues????

bought this gun yesterday and put 250 rounds in today for the break in. Even after the break-in cycling rounds seems hard and gritty, almost like they are getting stuck (cleaned it before the range and after). When I look in the gun I see tiny tiny brass chips.

I had some pin problems but I fixed it. Now when I cycle, even after 250 rounds, I still need hulk arms... sometimes it seems stuck. The rounds I'm cycling thru are Hornady hollow points. My buddy has the same gun and I tried his today and it's alot more smooth than mine.

Also, why do I have to tap the back of my gun when shooting cause the next round is not seated or the slide didn't go all the way back????

I purchased a Kahr because they're supposed to be quality guns, but I'm beginning to think differently... for christ sake my Kel Tec had less problems than this and they are as good as paper weights

help would be greatly appreciated

I suspect you are having issue because of your pistol's chamber dimensions or lead in length vs the overall length/case diameter of the ammo you are using. A quick check would be to take the barrel out of the gun and drop a round into the chamber: the round should easily sit flush with the rear of the barrel hood. If that doesn't happen, I suggest you try a different type/make of ammo in your gun. My CW45 exhibited the "...need Hulk arms" syndrome when it was new while using certain Winchester hollow points. It cycled everything else fine. Now several thousand rounds later, it will feed that Winchester stuff as well.
    Alternately, contact Technical Support & Service at Kahr: http://www.kahr.com/contact.asp
    Regards,
    Greg

My problem with the gun not going into battery was caused by limp wristing it. I had to change my grip to put my wrist in line with the gun and it went away. I'd mostly shot revolvers and steel framed pistols that don't react as bad to limp wristing as these poly framed kahrs do, so I never knew I had a problem. No instructor had ever mentioned anything so I thought my grip was just fine, but it did need adjustment for the Kahrs. I hate that term limp wristing, but what can you do. I've learned to accept it, not worried about my masculinity or anything here.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Are the XTP's reloads?

Default did u

Quote Originally Posted by ecwcfl View Post
    bought this gun yesterday and put 250 rounds in today for the break in. Even after the break-in cycling rounds seems hard and gritty, almost like they are getting stuck (cleaned it before the range and after). When I look in the gun I see tiny tiny brass chips.

I had some pin problems but I fixed it. Now when I cycle, even after 250 rounds, I still need hulk arms... sometimes it seems stuck. The rounds I'm cycling thru are Hornady hollow points. My buddy has the same gun and I tried his today and it's alot more smooth than mine.

Also, why do I have to tap the back of my gun when shooting cause the next round is not seated or the slide didn't go all the way back????

I purchased a Kahr because they're supposed to be quality guns, but I'm beginning to think differently... for christ sake my Kel Tec had less problems than this and they are as good as paper weights

help would be greatly appreciated
    look up the two best helping threads on this fourm in the kahr tech section:

1: Kahr lube chart

2 Propper prepping of ur new kahr

mabye alitte preprep would have helped somewhat...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

ecwcfl Guest

thanks for the replies. looked at the stickies about prep and lube and even though I've put 250rds thru her, surprisingly it helped.
    thanks a bunch.

just as a side note: I purchased 2 Kimber 7 round magazines and they lock the slide back after the last round. still needs slight mod on top.
    $20 each for a super nice mag that locks it back

Hey

Just went through break in on my p45, what ammo are you using. I'm no expert in this forum, however I ran my p45 dirty and after 150 rounds no problems.

May I suggest a good clean and run some fmj and see what happens. Don't give up.

They are awesome pistols !!

Quote Originally Posted by ecwcfl View Post
    thanks for the replies. looked at the stickies about prep and lube and even though I've put 250rds thru her, surprisingly it helped.
    thanks a bunch.

just as a side note: I purchased 2 Kimber 7 round magazines and they lock the slide back after the last round. still needs slight mod on top.
    $20 each for a super nice mag that locks it back
    You mean the Kimber mags fit in your CW45? How well do they snug up at the bottom? What sort of mod do they need at the top? Pictures please, or I'll have to sic the drill sergeant on you!

Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    You mean the Kimber mags fit in your CW45? How well do they snug up at the bottom? What sort of mod do they need at the top? Pictures please, or I'll have to sic the drill sergeant on you!
    JFootin,
    I hope ecwcfl doesn't mind me jumping in here, but this thread might answer some of your questions: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3317
    Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 07-21-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Oops, meant ecwcfl vice jmek

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    JFootin,
    I hope jmek doesn't mind me jumping in here, but this thread might answer some of your questions: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3317
    Regards,
    Greg
    Wow Greg! You are the Kahrtalk Living Library of Gun Repair and Modification! There need to be sticky posts with links to all of your threads and explanations of what treasures of knowledge each contains. But thanks for chiming in, here. I'll bet this will interest a lot of P45 and CW45 owners.

Now, if you can find a way to make Beretta or Glock or some other brand of mag fit and work in the P9/CW9/PM9/CM9. A mag that won't spill bullets out in your pocket, won't allow bullets to nose dive, that will hold the slide open dependably, will fit snug against the base of the grip and will fall out freely when released. I think I remember something you did concerning this, but can't find it now.
    Very interesting...