Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for quality yet inexpensive ccw

Well, thank you all for helping me to make a most informed decision. I will be picking up the cw40 this week. Cant wait to hit the range.

Being somewhat of a new member to this forum also, I am curious about the issues with the CW40. Are these ongoing problems or just individual concerns?
    I just purchased a CW9 a few weeks ago and have nothing but praise for it.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaP View Post
    Being somewhat of a new member to this forum also, I am curious about the issues with the CW40. Are these ongoing problems or just individual concerns?
    I just purchased a CW9 a few weeks ago and have nothing but praise for it.
    As far as I know there are no issues - certainly not with mine.

This is 36 rounds from 35 feet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

O'Dell:
    That grouping certainly looks fine to me. I'm still getting used to the trigger (at least that's what I'm blaming for my sub-standard shooting)

So far, 450 rounds downrange with absolutely NO problems.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.

Could someone tell me where they are reading about all these CW40 issues? Is it on another brands forum? Could it be "plants" to get you to buy their brand of gun?, I would think this would be the place to see complaints and people looking for help with their CW40, and I haven't seen any more complaints about it than any of the other models.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

goodpoint manski. lots of gun trollsprowl allaround these forums,only to stir sh-t.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Never mind, I googled CW40 problems and found some of the posts. I bet most of them didn't read the owners manual. There was many a report where they put the take down pin in wrong, Over the spring and not under it. I will admit that IS kind of a problem area, and people trying to slingshot a round into the chamber and bitching cause that didnt work on their brand new Kahr. A lot of the posts were a couple years old. I saw a post proclaiming all the CW series was junk because they used MIM parts. Whatever. One guy said he tried for 3 days to contact Kahr with no answer? I find that hard to believe. I believe if most these folks would have posted here we could have helped them.
    Tom
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I think my above statement kinda covers what u just found out. Sure some kahrs give issues, Definitely some people with kahrs give even more issues. Kahr can fix their bad guns, they can't fix the owner. No doubt some if not maybe alot of kahr issues are shooter induced. Most never read an owners manual, let alone maybe egulf what they actualy were trying to tell u either. Is this Kahrs fault???

That little springhy area "can" be a touchy area, but i would venture to guess kahr has arond a half million of those guns all total floating around with that little springhy and they just dont really give an issue if one follows their owners manual. Certanloy is not rocket science to install a new one either.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Oh, I about fell over, I ventured into Glock Talk, read a post about a guy who took his CW40 back without ever firing it, cause unfired rounds hung up when he tried to eject them. The dealer ran a couple mags of unfired ammo thru it just fine, and told the guy the gun was running perfect, but the guy still returned the gun. The Glock Talk folks actually seemed to be on the Kahrs side and more or less told the guy should have at least shot it a little and not returned it cause he didn't know how to eject a live round, and that it was probably just buyers remorse working on him.
    I had this same problem with Winchester Rangers and a little filing did wonders.
    Tom
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

Personally my CW9 is my carry and I don't reget it. A nice reliable firearm in 9mm ammo / which is cheaper therefore more likely to be shot more IMO.