CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Kahr and forum

Default New to Kahr and forum

I just picked up my cm9 today. Its still in the plastic in the box. Well I did check it out before I bought it but you get the idea.
    Since this is my first Kahr. Any words of wisdom? Anything I should do before I try er out? I'll field strip and clean but anything else?

I do have a couple of questions for ya though. May sound dumb but ..... How do you load the cm9 to full capacity? Is there do's and don'ts? Do you strip a round from the mag into the chamber then reload the mag? I was told not to drop a round in the chamber then insert the mag.

Also what weight bullets seem to run best in the CM?

Almost forgot. What magazines work in the cm9? Are they just for the cm or are they the same mags as the pm9?

thanks for the help

welcomme. we can help u alot to enjoy the best kahr made. GO TO

kahr tech section.

Hit on two great stickys;

#1 kAHR LUBE CHART

#2 PROPPER PREPPING OF UR NEW KAHR

Thse two will make ur first trip a fun one.

kahrs wilolshoot anything u put in the pipe. practice with 115 fmj ammo. WWB from walmartis low in price and is great ammo.

defense stuff, many love the 124 grain gold dots. u can't go wrong with gold dots, but there are lots of good defense rounds out there3.

Please do look up the above two sticky's.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
    You really need to read the manual as Kahr's are a little different with putting a round in the chamber. You lock the slide back, insert mag, pull down on slide lock which chambers a round up. Then drop your mag and top it off with one more. I wouldn't "slingshot a round in the chamber like with most semi-autos at least for the first 200 rounds.
    You really need to field strip and clean the shipping oil before using. Then moderatley lube it accordning to forum member jocko's lube chart.
    I recommend racking it at least 500 times or more to loosen it up and maybe lock the slide back and leave it over night. Kahr recommends running 200 through the gun before considering it ok to carry. I'd use different ammo during this time to see what it likes, especially your round you will be carring for SD. DOn't skip this for sure. You might get a few failures to feed or failures for the slide to lock back on the last round, but they slick up after about 50 rounds and should get better as you go.
    Read the manual, and congrats on the fine weapon.

Thanks I'll do just that.

One last thing. Where in the heck do you get magazines for this thing?

I plan to read it now. Like I said haven't really had time to do anything but thought I would get this out while reading the manual. I figure the manual would give me the basics and you guys would set me straight on the real world operation.

thanks guys I'll hit the books now

buy kahr magazines, leave the other brands alone, If I can make a suggestion to, stick with the 6 round flush fit kahr mags for ur cm9. U bought a ccw gun, so treat it like one. Some who have the 7 round extended magazines have issues in these small cm9 and PM9 models. Stick with the 6 round mags. Kahr webb site has them available, but if you look around you can beat kahrs price by a 1/3rd.

nice gunt he cm9, we have had no issues with this new gun and it is a real shooter, just go slow with everything u do, READ THOSE TWO THREADS. trust me, u will thank us all for that....

don't be afraid to ask questions on this forum, we are here to help not criticse, You don't have enough time to make all the mistakes that this forum has owned up to, so learn by OUR MISTAKES and just shoot that little gun like u stole it.

READ THOSE TWO STICKY'S
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Welcome to the forum and Kahr. Looks like all your questions have been answered. You will not be disappointed with your CM9, just bought my first Kahr, a CM9, about 45 days ago, have run over 250 rounds thru it and have not had any problems, have run 115 gr and 124 gr thru it, factory and reloads and not one problem. Just recently added a front night sight to it, which you can get from Kahr when you are ready. Happy Shooting!!

Here's your best deal on mags:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGKAMK620-1.html
    Very interesting...

Congrats! Nice choice. I'm new here too and have found some GREAT info on the suggested stickies. I just finished 200 rounds through my CM9 yesterday. ZERO problems. You're going to love that pistol. Happy Shooting! Be Safe.

Thanks again guys. I read the stickys and that is exactly what I am lookin for thanks. Since it's Saturday night don't think I will be able to get napa break cleaner but I just may have some in the shop. I'll have to check.

Where do you guys get the tw25 stuff?

Have you guys used Ballistol? Just askin I have that. LOL

I don't think those mags are Kahr's factory mags. I read the review and there seems to be some question. I don't think they are stamped Kahr.

Yes they are. I just bought two of them.
    Very interesting...