Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Options For CM9

Barth,
    Yeah. I definitely want to look at front pocket carry. I formerly owned a small 25acp gun, and I had a Desantis Nemesis for it, but to me the grip printed when I was seated, no matter whether I was wearing jeans or khakis. I thought about the Superfly, but it is so much more expensive, I might as well get something nice in leather, like one of those from pocketholsters.com.

BuckeyeBlast
    Great pics! It looks like you think like me, going for the tuckable IWB. That Crossbreed Mini-Tuck is popular. To me, it looks so big, but maybe that is just in pics. I don't like the clips with the crosses on them, but they have Velcro as an option. Definitely a good setup.

Dietrich,
    Yeah. Invisible. Me too. You know, women have menopause. Well, I think some of us middle aged men suffer from womenopause! There sure has been a pause in female interaction for me!

LaP,
    My collection is growing! I have a SmartCarry that I bought when I was thinner. I'm trying to lose some weight so I can get back into it. I have an Ace Case under desk holster that is a POS. I found a concealed carry T-shirt at a good price on eBay, got the right size (XL), and it is good quality. But the holster sits all the way over at 3 o'clock (I'm a lefty), and my middle-aged barrel chest and man-teets make it hard to reach the pistol. I'm sure this collection will continue to grow!

Wow! Lots more messages. I'll post this and then reply to some more.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Do you count on an untucked shirt or a jacket to cover the weapon?
    Yes... IWB untucked shirt 90% of the time... shoulder rig w/jacket 10%.

I can't afford a lot of leather, so I try to make do with what I purchase. I use a De Santis Sof-Tuck at about 5:00, with a heavy forward cant so the handle rides up around my kidney so I can get a good hold of it when want too. When I do have to tuck, my dress shirts tend to pouch out in the back and you can't tell I have a weapon on me. A clip hangs over my pants waistline with a small hook that catches the bottom of my belt. No one's ever mentioned anything or said anything. I don't dress up very often so normally I just wear a large untucked tshirt a size bigger than normal. The only time the gun really prints is when I bend over at the waist and the handle protrudes some, so I try and remember to bend my knees and keep my back straight. I think my most concealable rig is my Charter Arms .44 special which has the Barami Hip Grips. A hook protrudes off the handle enough to allow you to hook it over your pants and belt. This allows "mexican carry", where you stick the gun down the front of your pants without a holster, but holds the gun firmly from slipping down your pants. I don't worry about catching the trigger on anything as It's a heavy double action pull, and I'm sure I'd notice the cylinder turning if it did catch on something. These grips are available for a lot of small revolvers, and great for just throwing something on real fast for a quick trip down to the market. Let me point out, a double action pistol is the only thing I would carry in such a manner. I also have a couple Uncle Mikes shoulder rigs I can wear under my suit or sport coat that conceals very well.
    And as been stated above, nobody's paying that much attention anyway.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Bawanna,
    The way its going, it won't be too much longer until I am sitting all the time, too. I guess it would be hard to find an IWB holster that will be comfortable all day long seated. I am tempted by the Tagua Open Top Lined Belt Holster at $45 shipped, with a nice cant, detailed molding and full leather lining.

I think the lining will help protect the finish of my shiny CM9, it looks like it will be easy to draw and reholster the gun, and it will hold the gun close to my side. The picture shows a full sized 1911, but my CM9 would not go nearly as far below the belt line. And it is such a great value!
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I've carried a variety of weapons, a variety of ways, for 15+ years.
    Here in steaming hot Florida I've settled in on front pocket carry.
    DeSantis Super Fly or Nemisis holster - depending on the gun.
    +1 . . . No Super Fly, but the DeSantis Nemesis is great.

I am also fortunate to have a nice Galco horsehide pocket holster, courtesy of Mr. Ljutic here on the forum. It is absolutely terrific. Being a cheapskate, it would have been hard for me to justify at its real price. But, for you well-heeled guys, it is the cat's meow.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    +1 . . . No Super Fly, but the DeSantis Nemesis is great.

I am also fortunate to have a nice Galco horsehide pocket holster, courtesy of Mr. Ljutic here on the forum. It is absolutely terrific. Being a cheapskate, it would have been hard for me to justify at its real price. But, for you well-heeled guys, it is the cat's meow.
    Oh man!
    Now I may need to get another holster - LOL!

Oh man!
    Now I may need to get another holster - LOL!
    Looks like you already have it covered, but if horsehide is your thing . . .

Midway can fix you right up at this catalog link.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    Looks like you already have it covered, but if horsehide is your thing . . .

Midway can fix you right up at this catalog link.
    Oh man - I like that even better!
    And I order stuff from Midway too...
    I guess that's what friends are for - LOL!

Thanks Much!
    (Looks like it's ordering time!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Bawanna,
    The way its going, it won't be too much longer until I am sitting all the time, too. I guess it would be hard to find an IWB holster that will be comfortable all day long seated. I am tempted by the Tagua Open Top Lined Belt Holster at $45 shipped, with a nice cant, detailed molding and full leather lining.

I think the lining will help protect the finish of my shiny CM9, it looks like it will be easy to draw and reholster the gun, and it will hold the gun close to my side. The picture shows a full sized 1911, but my CM9 would not go nearly as far below the belt line. And it is such a great value!
    It looks good. If you find yourself headed for a chair full time we'll have a lot to talk about. First wheelchair lesson #1. Never listen to a wheelchair salesman that isn't in a wheelchair himself. They lie. ALOT!
    You'll no doubt do electric so less issues to deal with but I'm here to help if you need it. I'm a border line journeyman derelict now. Been a long long time.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I guess that's what friends are for - LOL!

Thanks Much!
    (Looks like it's ordering time!!!)
    My pleasure . . . always happy to help a fellow junky!