Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's your opinion?

IMO, if your gonna carry any gun, it needs to be shot more than 50 rounds, kahr set thier manual to state 200. for some (Jim K especially) that may be over kill, bu they picked a number that I feel one should be shooting out of any gun that they intend to carry for defense purposes, or for that matter to keep in house. They do smooth out with more rounds down range, not just kahr's. If 50 rounds floats one boat and it was reliable, then the decisionis yours to make. 200 does not make any gun flawless either, nor does 500 or 1000. Other things can cause issues in a gun that are not totally gun related. Bad ammo, dirty gun (even though new ) should be cleaned before taking it out, ...shooter error. One has to get used to every guns feel, they are all different. My P380 in my hand feels totally different than my PM9 and my g19 yet even different. Mishandle a P380 or a Ruger lcp which is easy to do and you will get an issue sometimes that the bigger guns dont tend to give. YMMV.

I personally don't see the problem with the 200 rnd. break in. A certain high end 1911 builder makes pistols that take 500 rounds to get his pistols to loosen up a little and shoot well. I don't know that he advertises that fact, but everyone I know who shoots one will tell you the same thing.

Heck 200 rnds. is just a good Sunday afternoon fun shoot for me. I just wish the CW series came with 3 mags instead of one. I like to have at least 4 or 5 mags for each of my semi-autos.

Default Rohrbaugh Firearms

When you consider all in all Kahr are not as bad when compare to their competition Rohrbaugh.

From their catalog:

"We believe that the design choices we have made reflect the priorities appropriate
    to a self-defense weapon. To minimize size and weight, we have chosen
    basic materials that are both strong enough to insure proper operation, yet still
    light. One respect in which these choices will affect you, the owner, will be in
    the need to periodically replace the pistol’s recoil spring (recommended after 200

rounds), as the force of recoil of a 9mm parabellum cartridge in a pistol with this
    total weight results in wear on the recoil spring. Another aspect to realize is that
    the “perceived” force of recoil of the Rohrbaugh pistol will be greater than in a
    full size semi-automatic. Reducing the “mass” of the pistol results in greater
    perceived recoil.
    We don’t see this as a problem, as the pistol is designed for
    self-defense, not comfort on a target range
    ."

Believing that if you pay over $1k for firearm it should be more durable.

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

Quote Originally Posted by 500KV View Post
    I think most of the problems you mentioned can be attributed to the fact that Kahrs are major calibers in small packages... close tolerances with little room for error.
    IMO, that statement is spot on!

People need to take that into consideration when selecting a CC pistol.