Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hex grips screws

Just remember that those grip screws on the right side MUST be tight. If they loosen um, which my wood grips seems to want to let happen on my K9 where as they never moved withthe facotry rubber gips. Anyway if thost two screws lossen um harldy any, you might get light strikers or FTF (failure to fire). this is because the grip actually is responsible for holding tha trigger bar in correct position andif the grip is loose the trigger bar will get out of position and therefore out of time.. Not sure I want to recommend any locktite either, as in a through cleaning , one will want to remove the wood grips and any thread sealer cold give issues.. Just be aware. It is not a major thing but something to watch for..

Default Like the idea

Ill be looking into carrying those on Kahrshop. It may take a little time, but we like the idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrshop View Post
    Ill be looking into carrying those on Kahrshop. It may take a little time, but we like the idea. Thanks
    That's great. Thanks.

It's nice knowing our voice is being heard. Many thanks...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

Did this ever come to pass, hex head screws stocked at Kahr's on-line shop? I don't see them offered yet.

Am I correct in understanding that 1911 slim screws fit the Kahr line without any alteration?
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

1911 screws fit, not sure the slim line works without modification. If I haven't mentioned it before when you got wood grips and the screws work lose I put a tiny little rubber o ring on the screw. It flattens out when tight and it's like a rubber grip, seems to keep them from coming loose. Para does that from the factory, guess they invented the idea so I can't take credit for it. I did invent the internet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Locktite makes thread locker as most of you know. The standard #242 (blue) and #271 (red) are designed to be applied to the fastener before assembly.

The blue works fairly well but there are others that stay on the bolt better without becoming brittle over time.

This company makes and sells direct competitors to the Loctite brand at better prices and more product.

Palm Labs Threadlockers

You could even follow the link here for a free sample.

Palm Labs Threadlockers: Purple Removable - Small Screws up to ¼"

Some of the bolts I take off of my vehicles appear to have a thread locking compound on them that is semi-bonded to the threads allowing multiple removal/replacement attempts as required. I am not sure who produces it but it could be worth looking into.

After reading this thread, I tried the hex head grips screws off my DW CBOB on my K9 and they are the right thread size but the screws are too long and would interfere with the mag. I guess you could grind them off to right length. Holding them with something without maring the heads would be your main obstacle. They do look cool though. I see Midway has them made by Wilson or Ed Brown.

Thanks,

I might be more interested in them if they matched the current Torx Driver's you offer. That would mean one tool to service my T-9's vs. two.

Thanks

If you can get them I suggest putting a nut or two on the screw before grinding. It helps to hold the screw straight so it doesn't flip up and it helps the threads that get bungled during the grinding.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."