Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hex grips screws

Ok, we need a nut or two here. Any volunteers?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Oh you crack me up! Timing is everything.

Do we have one more?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sure why not.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Just installed a set of Ed Brown Slim line hex head 1911 grip screws on my T-9. Easy as pie. I ordered them from Brownells:

087-000-059 SS SLIM ALLEN HEAD GRIP SCREWS 4 PK

Last edited by DMR; 10-22-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrshop View Post
    Ill be looking into carrying those on Kahrshop. It may take a little time, but we like the idea. Thanks
    It's been (almost) a year now, any progress on the screws?

React- Ive not heard or seen anything as i went threw a self caused fiasco with screws last month when i bought my wood MK9 grips which imo should come with new screws.

As of yet buying 1911 grip screws still is the best option and you need to sand them down 1-2mm so they don't drag against the magazine.

But i did find not all 1911 screws are the same when you have to put alot of tension on them and then locktite them as ive broken many heads off just trying to loosen screws.
    I found the Ebay seller for Fusion firearms and their grips screws have yet to snap a head and ive put tons of torture on several sets.
    http://shop.ebay.com/whitetail1911/m...&_trksid=p3686
    I like the Torx sets for some reason.

Thanks for the info, DasFriek. I'm sure that our Kahr brethren will like to know all of their options when it comes to these screws. I just thought it would be convenient for our fellow Kahr owners if Kahrshop sold non-rusting, stainless steel, hex screws in the correct size along with their grips instead of going through all of the hassle of finding the rights screws like you did and then paying for separate S&H from somewhere else.

I envisioned, in addition to selling them separately, that Kahrshop could have a $5-10 upgrade option for SS hex screws when someone buys a set of their grips and toss them in the shipping container without adding S&H for the four screws.

FYI, I bought a set of SS hex screws shortly after I started this thread over a year ago. I knew that this would probably take a while, so I didn't hold off buying screws even though those four little screws cost $17 after S&H.

DMR; did you have to do any trimming on those Ed brwon screws.. They look awesome, nice photo also sure helps alot when one can see what your talking about.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Ed Browns too long on MK9

I bought the Ed Brown slim line screws for my MK9 but they protrude too far into the magazine well and bind the maganzine. I tried various washers. #60 o-rings seemed to get me the closest to the correct fit but they still protruded a little too much when torqued to a reasonable amount. I was really disappointed because they looked great. Maybe I'll get out the Dremel some day. Sigh.

I ordered the Ed Brown slim grip 1911 hex screws from Brownells and they worked just fine on my K9 Elite.