Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time with a CM9, or any Kahr for that matter

bwigginit Guest

Smile First time with a CM9, or any Kahr for that matter

After much research on a concealed carry pocket pistol, I finally decided to purchase the Kahr CM9 (mostly from the great reviews on Kahrtalk.com!) I have a Glock 27 already, but it's still a little bulky for my to carry especially when wearing summer clothing. So I decided to get a 2nd gun as to have a choice on my daily carry.
    After reading the manual, as well as reviews on here, I took my new gun to the range today for the 200 round "break in." I completely expected for the gun to malfunction at least once or twice in this break in just from reading reviews from everyone, but I am happy to report that I had ZERO malfunctions! I used some Wal-Mart special Winchester 9mm target practice ammo that was $24 for a box of 100 rounds. I also only used the factory supplied magazine. Prior to heading to the range, I wiped the gun down and got rid of all the factory preservative gunk and oiled a little bit on the slide rails. I also racked the slide about 100 times to get it a little loosened up.
    At the range, I pumped the 200 rounds through in a little under an hour and couldn't be more pleased. I have always been a fan of Glock because of it's known reliability, but I am now a fan of Kahr for they seem to have hit the same nail on the head.
    I was also very pleased with the accuracy of this weapon. The longer trigger pull seemed to help me center in on the bullseye, and I hit it almost every time.
    As I left the range I purchased some Speer Gold Dot personal protection ammo, and I am more than confident that this gun will perform should the need arise.

chiefbigdog Guest

I was pondering over one just today, glad to hear of your favorable experience. I had to have the CW45, but the CM9 is on the list!

Welcome to the forum bwigginit. Glad to read another great review of the CM9. I think Kahr really has a winner on it's hands with this little jewel. I hope they bring out the CM40 and 45 soon.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Ah, the first time is always sweet!
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Thanks for the report and I bet you continue to enjoy your new Kahr. I bought a used PM40 first after shooting a borrowed PM9 and am very happy with it, then bought the 9mm CM9 as soon as they came out. Great little pistols.
    Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

I had the same experience today with the WWB from Walmart. 100 rds no failures.

Sent from my iPhone

Glad to see you had a great first time with the CM9. I have fallen in love with the mine. The only thing I would recommend is pulling off that plastic front sight (it's amazing how flimsy it is mounted) and order a single Trijicon metal front night sight from Kahr's website. Huge upgrade and only $30.

bwigginit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by les strat View Post
    Glad to see you had a great first time with the CM9. I have fallen in love with the mine. The only thing I would recommend is pulling off that plastic front sight (it's amazing how flimsy it is mounted) and order a single Trijicon metal front night sight from Kahr's website. Huge upgrade and only $30.
    Thanks for the tip on the sights! Will have to look into that. I just ordered another 6 round mag from cheaper than dirt.com. Just hoping my wife doesn't find all these firearms receipts!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
    Thanks for the report and I bet you continue to enjoy your new Kahr. I bought a used PM40 first after shooting a borrowed PM9 and am very happy with it, then bought the 9mm CM9 as soon as they came out. Great little pistols.
    Joe
    I guess I sort of took the opposite approach. I shot and bought a PM45 first (does that get me any brownie points with Bawanna?). I loved it, and still carry it by preference whenever clothing allows.

But I soon decided that I really wanted a PM9 as well. I mean how can you not love a pistol as small as that in a serious/legitimate caliber that you can really carry in a front pocket? Oops, no caliber war intended.

So to complete my collection of calibers, I'm waiting/hoping for a CM40 to arrive from Kahr. That would be sweet. :hungry:

I too purchased a CM9 (about 4 months ago) based in large part on the information available and favorable reviews in the KahrTalk forums. Couldnt be happier with the CM9: Super-reliable; performs as advertised. It goes everywhere with me now.