Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CM9 Front Night Sight Keeps Breaking Off

I have about 200 rounds fired since I installed mt trijicon front sight.. I used Loctite Ultra Gel Super Glue..This was not done on purpose bought the wrong stuff and decided to give it a try..I do not think they are going anywhere..

I had issues with offset primer strikes with my CW9. Sent it in and was told i needed a new slide. While there i had them install nite sights. The front was not seated properly, screw was not tight and the whole post/blade was .43 above the slide. I had to fix it. It still bothers me as it seems like a weak setup.KAHRs front sight setup needs improvement. My advice is for you to install them or try some other vendor for the nite sights.

PS The front post was loose it pop in place if i pushed it down, but i could also pull it back up as in the picture. The forward post was not flared/staked i had to do that. Have shot only 80-100 rds thru it so far its good. Time will tell.

Wow, Armson-OEG, the way that front sight is installed is disturbing. I cannot even imagine that your pistol would have even hit where you were aiming. Kahr has treated me right with the problems I have had with the front night sight on my cm9. But I must admit that I find myself nervous wondering if the front sight will come off again in the future. I wish they had dovetailed the front sight on the cm and cw series and just charged a little more for them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Armson-OEG View Post
    I had issues with offset primer strikes with my CW9. Sent it in and was told i needed a new slide. While there i had them install nite sights. The front was not seated properly, screw was not tight and the whole post/blade was .43 above the slide. I had to fix it. It still bothers me as it seems like a weak setup.KAHRs front sight setup needs improvement. My advice is for you to install them or try some other vendor for the nite sights.

PS The front post was loose it pop in place if i pushed it down, but i could also pull it back up as in the picture. The forward post was not flared/staked i had to do that. Have shot only 80-100 rds thru it so far its good. Time will tell.

Mine had a tiny gap between the slide and sight, but not nearly that much. I smeared some of the loctite between the two and cranked it down. I have had about 200 through it since then, and it's tight as a drum.

That's really some shoddy work that was done on Armson-OEG's pistol
    FWIW, I believe that when installed correctly these sights are durable. I put them on my CW45 and CW9: both pistols have over 1000 rounds through them subsequent to that and the sights are still rock solid
    Regards,
    Greg

yeah, there is something not right with that sight being so far off.... glad mine wasn't like that!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Dovetailed sights are the first thing I look for when looking at pistols. The rear ones can vary quite a bit with several more cuts, but the front ones are usually similar or close enough to easily alter with a file if you're upgrading the sights.

I know the ones Greg is talking about can be easily installed and be very solid, though. I think they put the new guys on sight installation at Kahr... and even let their kids do some when they visit... it seems... sometimes.

My P380's NS were poorly done and the front was DOA, sent back unfired the next day... after waiting 11 MONTHS for the NS version to come out!

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wow, Wynn! Custom engraving on your rear sight. Did you have to pay extra for that?
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

The front sight wasn't that banged up, but it was dead, so who knows. The lettering has worn off and its all black now, so no biggie... they work.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".