Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CM9 Front Night Sight Keeps Breaking Off

Sounds good to me.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with it, I'm sure it will be taken care of.

One of the differences between the CM9 and PM9, hope this isn't a common problem - but it does help justify the extra money for a PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by Laetus1 View Post
    Jay at Kahr emailed me that I can send the slide to them for their installation of the front night sight. I will have to pay for the sight, installation and shipping. I'm not crazy about that. This assumes my gunsmith and I both did something wrong installing the front sight (a screw and loctite!). But Jay says they will stand behind it if something goes wrong again. Now I'll be without my carry for a while. Is this a good excuse to buy another backup?
    I have been following your post and I wanted to see if Kahr had or would give up any info on a run of bad sights or something??? I hope not!!! as I just installed two of them on my CM+CW9's.

I can't really come up with a reason that this would have happened 2x??? You say there is clearance right? The screw head is not getting hit by the barrel during recoils correct? Does the sight fit well in the hole spacing?

That said IMO... I would not spend all that $$$ shipping, install labor, and another sight and give up my gun for a week or two to get another one from Kahr. If they won't take care of it for minimal cost, I think a call to Trijicon may be in order to see what they have to say about it. Maybe they would install another new one for you at a reduced or free cost???

If that fails to get a suitable fix then...
    I think I would just order a Dawson N.S. and give one of those a try. They attach by peening both post's on the bottom, so It should be a stronger attachment. I was going to get Dawson's for mine but these where so much cheaper I had to go Trijicon.... I hope I did not make a mistake???

I hope I am not making a mistake. Kahr has my cm9 for a look at the slide catching one in 50 rds on a shell and I asked them to install the $80 Trijicon Night Sights they had on their web site.

Please tell me I am not making a mistake. I don't mind the plastic sights I just thought it would be nice to have night sights.

I am happy to report that I mailed the slide to Kahr with a letter explaining that twice the rear post (with the screw) on the front night sight I purchased from them had broken off when firing. Just a little over a week after I mailed it to them, I received the slide with a new front night sight. I notice that they also pinned the front post in like the original sight posts. Perhaps this was the problem all along. My gunsmith had installed the first sight without pinning the front post, and I did not have the instructions when I received the second sight and installed it without pinning. Hopefully problem is now solved. And not only did Kahr do a fast job on the turnaround and fedex the slide back to me, I was not charged anything for anything. Kudos to Kahr!

Was there instructions on pinning the front post included with the sights?

Bob, there were instructions with the original set of night sights I received. I glanced at them before handing the set off to my gunsmith. Ironically, I didn't think I had the right tools to put on the rear (dovetailed) sight. I can't remember if the instructions made any mention of pinning the front pin of the front sight, but I don't remember seeing that. At any rate, my smith didn't pin it and I didn't get another set of instructions when I get the replacement sight--so I didn't pin it either. But, as I said in an earlier post, Kahr sent the slide back to me with that front post pinned.

best to hve a good sight p;usher to move that back sight in kahrs. They are normally tuffer than nails to move. U made a wise decision IMO.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

failure to read and follow the instructions is the same as claiming ignorance of the law....you're going down either way.

when Kahr first announced the availability of the trij sights and offered to ship them for $80 user installed, or $120 factory installed (with 100% guarantee), I took the sure bet and sent my slide to them

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I have my new front sight in my hands. THe instructions say to make sure the slide holes are clean, put locktight in the hole with the screw, install screw making sure not to crossthread. Done

Nothing about pinning.