Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1911 itch

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Sound logic in that. Sounds like you got the kiss of the STI. Go for it. You'll feel better, all this waiting around is wearing on ya.

Pictures when you get it. Lots of help here if you need it. I dont think you will but we still want to hear about it and share the new joy with ya.

Are you calling yet, buying on line, driving to the local shop. Please advise.
    You aren't kidding about "wearing on me" thing, hell I have had dreams about it, the only GS that carries STI it's about an hour and a half, near the North Carolina border and they don't have any in store, they're on order Dawson has then in stock??. Right now I'm hoping the Sig P-226 would sell and if it does I would have enough to intertain the though of maybe getting the Trojan . About pics you will have to teach me how cause I haven't a clue

Quote Originally Posted by eklipto101 View Post
    You aren't kidding about "wearing on me" thing, hell I have had dreams about it, the only GS that carries STI it's about an hour and a half, near the North Carolina border and they don't have any in store, they're on order Dawson has then in stock??. Right now I'm hoping the Sig P-226 would sell and if it does I would have enough to intertain the though of maybe getting the Trojan . About pics you will have to teach me how cause I haven't a clue
    You just order up your Trojan and I'll take care of the pictures. Sounds fair to me. That Sig will sell (or not). Don't have no effect on the Trojan at all. Your subconciously trying to justify your purchase very much like I do. I always think I'll sell this and then get this, I always just get this and somehow the first thing never got sold and thats perfectly ok. Ask Oprahs boy toy Dr. Phil.
    I know the dream thing, I have them all the time. I got a day dream going right now about a T9. I'm trying to put it out of my head.
    Get the Trojan, do it now. Get your local receiver FFL lined up, you could be shooting it by Tuesday.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You just order up your Trojan and I'll take care of the pictures. Sounds fair to me. That Sig will sell (or not). Don't have no effect on the Trojan at all. Your subconciously trying to justify your purchase very much like I do. I always think I'll sell this and then get this, I always just get this and somehow the first thing never got sold and thats perfectly ok. Ask Oprahs boy toy Dr. Phil.
    I know the dream thing, I have them all the time. I got a day dream going right now about a T9. I'm trying to put it out of my head.
    Get the Trojan, do it now. Get your local receiver FFL lined up, you could be shooting it by Tuesday.
    Sir, you are an instigator......for shame, shame on you:19: but you are alright, I don't care what Jocko say

Sir, you are an instigator......for shame, shame on you:19: but you are alright, I don't care what Jocko say
    Save your compliments for after the acquisition, not to be confused with the inquisition when we try to explain this to your SWMBO.

Have your CC ready and make that call now.

Instigator huh? I think thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.
    If I have to live in the dog house sometimes I guess I won't be so lonely if I know there are others getting their beauty sleep in the same.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by melissa5 View Post
    Beware! You can't have just one. CDNN has been advertising a 1911-A1 for around $350. Don't know what brand it is though.
    I was looking at them last night, I'm just salivating over the STI and a very close second the RO
    It's a Regent. It's a good price, but I would pobably just to with a Rock Island in that price range; their support is supposed to be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBlast View Post
    My Spartan9 is my first 1911, but I've loved it so much that I currently have two more 1911's on order. Cost of ammo on the 9 is what sold me. HUGE cost savings if you shoot a lot, which I assume you will. The Spartan9 is one of my favorite guns I've ever owned. The ONLY misfeed I had with it was with my reloads, which I typically build at max COAL, so one might have been slightly long. One misfeed, w/ a reload, and round count into the thousands. LOVE this gun. Since it's normally dirty, I don't have many pics of it, but here's a cheesy pic I took on March 29th for the 100th anniv of the 1911. I don't think you'll be disappointed w/ the STI. Worth every penny, and many more IMO.
    That STI looks good in the candle light. Here's my Range Officer out in the hot Arizona sun:

The Spartan and the RO are both nice guns, I doubt the OP would be unhappy with either.
    I'm not sure about the Spartan, but the RO is:

I take some pleasure in that The golden coast used to be a great place to live.
    Regards,
    Greg

I take great pride in owning anything that isn't legal in california from guns to cars with emission systems so insane they won't run.
    I think as you say it was a great place, maybe back in the 40's and for the brief period when Ronnie was running the place. Sadly just too much for one man to fix in such a short time.

Eklipto is in SC so he's probably ok.

FWIW that Range Officer has appealed to me since I first laid eyes on one. One of the detectives here was pondering getting one, so far it hasn't happened but maybe some day.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I take great pride in owning anything that isn't legal in california from guns to cars with emission systems so insane they won't run.
    I think as you say it was a great place, maybe back in the 40's and for the brief period when Ronnie was running the place. Sadly just too much for one man to fix in such a short time.
    The last time I checked "I" was illegal in California. Oh well, since I no longer test bikes for Honda [HRC Torrence, CA], I don't have any reason to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    That STI looks good in the candle light. Here's my Range Officer out in the hot Arizona sun:

The Spartan and the RO are both nice guns, I doubt the OP would be unhappy with either.
    I'm not sure about the Spartan, but the RO is:

I take some pleasure in that The golden coast used to be a great place to live.
    Regards,
    Greg

AHHH! I love that bad boy too...STI does not do business in Commifornia either...If the RO's price $810.00+ would be close to the STI $639.71 shipped I would really be a basket-case. Right now I'm debating between a .9mm or 45acp, 1911 of course....choices, choices

Really no choice to be made there. A 1911 is a 45. Anything else is a poser.
    I can see a 10mm easily, a 38 Super on a good day but a 1911 in 9mm thats a large body of water to cross.

Course this is just my personal instigating faster fingers than brain speaking. If a 9 is what you seek, by all means GO FOR IT. I'm starting to get a little impatient.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan