Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Christmas Present

Default Christmas Present

Well, I just found my Christmas present for this year. I just saw the Thompson presentation grade 1911 pistol here on the web site and it is absolutley beautiful. Wow!

Now, to convince my wife that one more gun in the collection isn't a bad thing.

Hmmmmm.... Thompson Presentation Grade 1911? Is that the one offered by the Custom Shop? Royal Blue with Nickel or are you referring to the TCA model?

Yes, I was refering to the custom shop gun. Royal blue with nickel.

Personally I am lusting after this one:

I don't have a stainless 5" right now. I like the black grips with the logo. Nice touch!

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

WoW! I just checked it out on the site! I understand the lust for that gun. You just do not find Royal Blue guns anymore. The nickel looks really good too. Just enough to accent the gun without being to gaudy. I would also consider the slide with your name on it.

Yes, I am going for the whole package.

Good for you! I may soon be joining you. I got to save up a few more sheckles!

I did some investigating (called Kahr). I guess you purchase the slide with your name on it directly from Kahr. The Royal Blue 1911 can be bought from a dealer. I think the Kahr guy told me that the dealer needs to get the gun from a distributor called "Camfour". Apparently they have a couple in stock. I definitely want to grab one of them.

Let me know how you make out!

Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

This thread needed more pictures! I am thinking my son may need a 1911 with his name on it one of these days.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Jeez I like that gun (the 1911). Actually, I like both of them but would want the 1911 first. I think the price is reasonable. You just do not see Royal Blue guns anymore.