Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Question about Trigger Bar

Default Question about Trigger Bar

Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum, and I have a question for ya'll. I've owned 2 Kahrs in the past, and have a split experience with them. I had a CW9 that I had was an excellent firearm and one that I regret letting go of (it was the one that really made me aware of Kahr). I had a P45 that was problematic - the trigger would not reset after each shot. From trolling this forum, it looks like the issue is shared, and the culprit is an out of spec trigger bar. I have my heart set on another Kahr, the PM45 being my first choice (the MK9 being my second choice).

Does anyone know if there is a date range or a specific batch with which the trigger bar issue is associated with? It's really the only thing that is keeping me from "pulling the trigger" on a pm45 that I've got my eye on right now.

Any input would be appreciated, and I am eargerly anticipating rejoining the ranks of Kahr owners soon.

No idea of any date range. Keep in mind also that around here we get an inflated number of complaints about an issue than what really is. Part of this is the fact that people will come here looking for answers/research, and being a brand dedicated forum and all. There are many people there that have nothing but problem free guns, and therefore have no need in their eyes, for a forum. Get one, shoot it, shoot it more, and keep in mind that every company making anything will have a couple of lemons and some QC issues slip through the cracks. If they want to stay in business they will find and plug those cracks. Kahr has a very good reputation for CS on their new guns that do have issues, though as I said most of their wares have no issues. Again welcome to the asylum, you'll like it here, get the pistol, shoot it, shoot it more rinse and repeat, if you have a hiccup Kahr will make it right, and enjoy.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I don't know of a specific serial or date range. I do know that early on the PM45's seemed to have a few issues to work out. One reason I waited to buy mine, I finally gave in and went for it with no regrets.

I think the new one or probably all within the last year or so are pretty solid performers. We do still hear of a trigger bar issue from time to time but no so much on the 45 but accross the board.

If you got your eye on one especially if it's new I'd not hesitate to go for it. If by some poor misfortune you get one with issues kahr will take care of it, if it's minor issues theres lots of help and smart folks right here to help you work it out.

I'm fondling my PM45 with much affection as we speak.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Absolutely. I understand that 5 or 6 top hits in google make an issue look widespread even though they are 5 or 6 as opposed to thousands of happy consumers. I don't imagine that the occurrence is something that ought to cast a bad light on Kahr at all, as there isn't manufacturer out there with a zero failure rate.

Having experienced the trigger bar reset problem personally and seeing other commiserate, I am just trying to minimize the possibility of a repeat. Small 45s are picky, and the PM45 is by far the smallest 45 that i've come across, so I know that I'll have to really love on it.

I know that Kahrs CS is fair, honest, and professional to work with (I want to say that Glen is the person I spoke to), and wish that I had stuck with it with my P45. It's just that i am wanting my next Kahr to eventually be my EDC, and want to make sure that I do my part prior to the purchase as well as after the purchase in order to maximize my odds of having a problem free weapon.

All viable concerns. Your exactly where I was at when I bought mine. I was even considering going with one of them G guns like a 36, several here in fact did just that as the PM45 was experiencing issues.

A few here went thru that with mulitple trips back to kahr for repair, as many as 4 trips in one case. Far as I know all are on track and doing CCW duty today.

I don't think you'll generally experience the bad issues anymore, I truely think that Kahr has the little bugs worked out and they run.

Look over the tech section at the proper prep recomendations as well as the very good lube chart, you'll be good to go I'm sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

FIDDLEDOG; Before we assume it is the trigger bar, lets eliminate some of the possable that you can do at home. Make sure the slide is fully returing to battery. It can be short of full battery by merely a c-nt hair and it will light striker. Normally recoil springs will sove that.

#$2. Make sure that striker channel is perfectly clean, using that little clean out hole on the bottom of the slide and with the spray nozzle in tha thole, u will clean that area without taking it all apart. Then if all that fails we can now assume the issue is in the tri8gger bar area or maybe even an out of spec slide. You should be getting alot of light strikes if either of these two things are bad.

The gun then needs to go back to kahr. Call kahr and ask for eoin or jay IN cs AND STATE YOUR ISSUES. THEY WILL SAY SEND IT BACK, YOU THEN ASK THEM TO SEND A PREPAID PICK UP ON THE GUN, FOR IF THE GUN IS UNDER 5 YEARS OLD, KAHR SHOULD PICK UP THE TYAB. bE sure todocument for the kahr techs exactly what is going on, so that they know where to start looking. They will get it right. U got a super gun there, so give kahr a shot at making it right. who knows u might also jbe able to fix it at home.

PS. WHAT BAWANNA STATED IS IMO AMUST TO..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY