Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand Cannons Please. What's your Super Mas Macho pistol?

My favs are:
    5" 44 top
    5" 357 middle
    3" 357 bottom

I made the pic small so you can't tell how dirty they are.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Here's my Ruger Bisley in .44 Magnum. It's actually pretty pleasant to shoot

The business end:

Regards,
    Greg
    I’m guna get me another Ruger 44 SA. I used to have a Super Blackhawk that was eazy on my elbows. I could shoot that gun all day. I have a Vaquero that I can’t get to shoot any better than 2” @ 25yds but it’s a comfy shooter.

My dad had one of those old .44 single action cowboy revolvers from the first part of the last century. He took me shooting with it and his ammo mush have been as old as the gun itself, it really looked bad, all tarnished and banged up.

The first round went pop like it was tired but it did shoot. The second was more like a Barney Frank fart and didn't make it all the way out. He pounded it out with a phillips screwdriver. The next one was just as bad so he finally says "Well, I guess this old ammo doesn't want to shoot today." and put the gun up.

He had a fine collection for a long time then started selling it off. After he died his Colt was the best of all his guns. He had pretty much worn out the hunting rifles. I guess that's the way to do it. You know you're getting close when your guns are worn out.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    I’m guna get me another Ruger 44 SA. I used to have a Super Blackhawk that was eazy on my elbows. I could shoot that gun all day. I have a Vaquero that I can’t get to shoot any better than 2” @ 25yds but it’s a comfy shooter.

One of the many guns I rented before I bought my Smith was a Ruger 44 Super Redhawk with an 8 inch barrel.
    It was one sweet and very accurate gun.
    No problem handling full house 44 mags all day long.

So I bought my 38 oz 4 inch M629 44 Mountain Revolver ($350 used).
    Didn't know what I was getting into - LOL!
    I'd shoot Federal 240 grain Hydra-shocks (1350 fps).
    And gun would throw a foot of flame out the barrel.
    After 50 rounds my hand was bleeding and I'd have to stop.
    Then I'd heal up and do it again. Super accurate though.
    Screws would fly out of the gun while firing and I had to lock tight them!
    Eventually I loosened the cylinder and had to have it tightened and the gun worked over.
    I still have and love that gun. But I think my flame throwing days are over....

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    I grew up on westerns and a classic stainless SA revolver has always
    been a guilty pleasure I may have to resolve some day....

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    One of the many guns I rented before I bought my Smith was a Ruger 44 Super Redhawk with an 8 inch barrel.
    It was one sweet and very accurate gun.
    No problem handling full house 44 mags all day long.

So I bought my 38 oz 4 inch M629 44 Mountain Revolver ($350 used).
    Didn't know what I was getting into - LOL!
    I'd shoot Federal 240 grain Hydra-shocks (1350 fps).
    And gun would throw a foot of flame out the barrel.
    After 50 rounds my hand was bleeding and I'd have to stop.
    Then I'd heal up and do it again. Super accurate though.
    Screws would fly out of the gun while firing and I had to lock tight them!
    Eventually I loosened the cylinder and had to have it tightened and the gun work over.
    I still have and love that gun. But I think my flame throwing days are over....
    My 629 is the most accurate hand-gun I have ever shot. But being a double action it really rattles my right elbow loose. I used to hit the range 3-4 times a month and all I shot was 44s. When I got rid of my Blackhawk thats when my elbow went to pot. Took about a year and a half to heal. I love the 44s, but I gota get me another Ruger Single Action. (other than the silly-@$$ed Vaquero I have that I hate) Come to think of it I’ve been meaning to put it on GB.

I gotta say my 629 .44 mag is THE most accurate handgun I've ever shot, as long as you use .44 mag ammo. .44 special just doesn't cut it. Back when I handloaded I had a medium velocity .44 magnum load that I worked up that was both pleasant to shoot and very accurate. I've shot some Federal Hi-Shok through it, and that gets old after a couple cylinders. I'm sure there are more accurate guns out there, I just haven't shot them.
    One of the most fun times I had with it was at the indoor range where I had a young couple in the next booth, I think a man teaching his lady how to shoot, they were using a .22 from the sound of it, and I was shooting my 9mm. I decided to shoot a few .44 mag rounds, and after the first WHAM I looked back to see two heads poking in my booth and wondering what the hell was going on. I told em what I was shooting and and asked if they wanted to try it. They said no way and that they could feel the concussion next door and asked me to let them know when I was finished so they could resume practicing. I finished the cylinder and put it away. These weren't even SD loads, they were the reloads that the range sold, which are a lot tamer. I found out what they were talking about later on when a guy next to me was shooting his .44 mag one time, I got a pretty good dose of concussion hitting me in the chest everytime he shot. I sure hope I didn't scare that young lady from shooting. They started back up again when I got my 9 back out so I don't think any harm was done. I think about that once in awhile and laugh to myself some 20 years later.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Heres some pics from my macho wardrobe.

A Contender in 30-30 (way cool) just shot it for the first time in 20 years on vacation. It won't be dormant that long again.

Then a 10 1/2 Super Blackhawk, it's 7 1/2 brother and my S&W 629 Classic Hunter. My kid got the 629 Mtn Gun. Rarely shoot them, sometimes bring them to the range in case somebody ticks us off, then we knock the dust out of the ceilings with these things.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Love my GP 100....my first gun.

Wish greg wouldn't have posted those photos, now I'm gettin another one of those itches.