Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Micro eagle .380 experiences / opinions

Default Micro eagle .380 experiences / opinions

I've been eyeing the Micro Desert Eagle .380. I'm looking for a pocket gun that I can carry anywhere anywhere. Also something comfortable to carry in my vest on duty. I have a PM9, which is super, but im actually looking for something even a touch smaller.

I held a MDE once, and remember it to be very solid, which I like. I'm looking for anyone with experience with these things, since they've been out for a while now. Concerned with reliability mainly, as it wont be a range gun. It also wont be a daily carry gun, as that job is for the PM9.

I really dont want to start a caliber discussion. I know the ins and outs of a .380. And yea, i'd rather a Kahr .380, but its quite a bit more expensive, and too much like my pm9. Some of the appeal of the MDE is its just different Worth a shot? Or run like hell? They are $389 at the local gun shop, BNIB.

I had one sent down from our LE dealer for trial and eval when a couple of officers were looking for a small backup gun. At that time finding 380 ammo was tough, next to impossible. The shop that sent the gun didn't have any ammo for it and had no idea when they would get any. I found only a partial box in my stash.

It looked good and it felt really solid but it didn't feed or cycle worth beans. I really didn't have time or certainly ammo and it was a loaner gun so I couldn't very well tweak anything so after only a few magazines I gave up.
    I don't think I ever got 3 rounds in a row to work.

This was before Kahr bought Magnum Research and it was awhile ago, maybe a year or more like 2 maybe. Things may have improved or I could have just got a bad one. I don't want to squash the idea for ya if your pondering one but you might want to research a little bit before you drop the money.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I seem to be running into the same internet info on the MDE as I did when researching the PM9. Some love it, and some hate it. There doesnt seem to be much of an inbetween. I appreciate the info!

My MicroDE replaced my LCP, as it is a softer shooter and is slightly easier to conceal. It has handled all ammo well, especially the cheaply made Italian stuff. Easy to clean and, for what it is, accurate. A very popular gun is Europe where citizens are limited to less than 9mm. I like it.

However, my P380 is much, much better in almost all departments. Recoil and accuracy in particular puts it over the Deagle. The only downside to the P380, as compared to the Deagle is in reassembly. But the Kahr is the better gun, if you get a good one, like I did.

Thumbs down

I looked at them too. I thought the design would slice your hand in two. Look at the rear of the slide when open.....razer sharp.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I got a Taurus 738 TCP for $191 from Bud's and I am very happy with it. It has a better trigger and is more pleasant to shoot than a LCP. It is very thin and naturally points very well. It has a slide stop and stays open on the last round. The quality, fit and finish are first rate. The mags are high quality and not too expensive. And it has a lifetime warranty.

IMO, look at a TCP seriously before you put more money into a MDE.
    Very interesting...

i bought the first MDE to hit LGS. it was ammo sensitive and if you ever plan on having to shoot at night the 2 holes on top of barrel at breech bleed off gas to slow slide speed. they are pretty bright. the machine work on gun is great and with right ammo it was fun to shoot. if you wont to know more about it search kevin 9mm corto on net it was made in europe for years.