Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New CM9-Pics and Range Report

it's been exactly 3 weeks since i purchased my cm9 so thought i'd give a quick update. at this point in time i have 1200 rounds through it, absolutely not a single problem, failure, malfunction, stoppage, or difficulty slingshotting the slide in defensive drills and mag changes. the round count includes 900 rounds of 147gr winchester super x, 100 rounds of 147gr speer lawman (my new favorite FMJ load btw), and 200 rounds of 147gr federal HST.

i still have yet to fire or carry any of my other guns since purchasing the cm9. it's just too easy to slip into my pocket and be off with my day, and too much fun to shoot. plus we are still getting to know each other.

every time i shoot and get more comfortable with the trigger and ergonomics, the more i am impressed with this little gun's ability and accuracy. the bulk of my shooting is practicing defensive drills and presentation shooting, but it's nice to know that such a small gun is capable of so much more.

i bought a spare magazine from kahr, received my free mag from the give away promo, and ordered 2 more from ivanhoe warehouse, giving me a total of five 6-round magazines. so far i have added the trijicon NS to the front, a slight improvement over stock but i'd still like to see more sighting options from which to choose for my personal preferences. i also added the rubber textured talon grips and so far have been very impressed with them.

i also needed some carry options, so picked up a kydex IWB and pocket holster from paul at PJ Holster. i also recently purchased a snap pancake OWB holster from TT Gunleather that will be similar to the one pictured below for my XD subcompact. i'll make sure to post some pics when it gets here after the production wait time.

overall i am still very impressed and extremely happy with the purchase. i may pick up another one in a few months "just in case".
    Last edited by JBarbaresi; 09-30-2011 at 07:48 PM.

A great report and great pics! I like that TT OWB holster! Did you see this one, the Georgia Snap by RGrizzle, at $95?

I already have a good high rise pancake holster for OWB wear. I wish it was a little lower rise and with more cant, but it is a very comfortable holster for me, and for my polished CM9 seeing as how it is smooth leather lined. And the high rise aids in concealment.
    All that quality for $45 delivered! It is the Tagua Open Top Belt Holster. (Forgive the less than perfect pic. I have a new camera and will be doing some high def, in focus shots soon.)

I have a PJ IWB holster like yours, but I want something in leather for IWB. So I am looking at the TT
    Slim IWB Holster EC Mikes Special at $75, quite a buy for such a quality holster.

I'll post a report on this one after I get it.
    Very interesting...

there's just something about a quality leather holster. i've tried a few of the major brands over the years and in my opinion Tim Thurton at TT Gunleather makes the best. Not just in terms of quality, but his designs ride at a real nice height and cant for each particular model of gun, it seem like he really knows what he's doing more than just how to make a pretty holster.

that first picture you posted looks like a nice version of his DDOE snap removable pancake at a cheaper price. the tagua holster looks a lot like some of the Don Hume line, specifically the 721 which is also a great option at around the same price. I found it annoying to use a holster with traditional belt slots because of the need to remove your belt to install/unistall the holster. the picture of the EC mike's special IWB holster you posted in one of the other threads was the first I saw that offering from TT, it is a brand new design and seem like a great idea for him to offer the same great design with slightly less boning marks to keep the price down. The mike's special IWB holsters have a slightly lower ride height and more extreme forward cant than the normal design, I've never used one but most of the reviews I've read from those who have tend to be favorable. i look forward to hearing your opinion when you get it.

here is one of my reinforced IWB holsters for my g19.

i got this set earlier this year

an old picture of some of my early TT collection.

Those are all beautiful! My budget is such that the Mike's Special IWB is all I'll be getting for a while. But I'd love to get one of those snap belt holsters eventually. You know, the Mitch Rosen Premier Holster available at Kahr looks like an OWB version of the Mike's Special: no detail boning, sharp cant, unlined and considerably less expensive than the fully boned, lined version. It is $90 and the full detail version is $160. I like these less boned holsters for the CM9 because there really isn't much to detail bone on the gun anyway. Here it is...

Do you see the similarity? The smooth lines? The cant? That or one of those TTs will be next on my wish list.
    Very interesting...

Nice shooting. Looks like you got the feel for that trigger. How many rounds fired before the recoil spring needs changed?