Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CM9-Pics and Range Report

Default New CM9-Pics and Range Report

Well this is my first post over at Kahrtalk, thought I'd make it a good one. I picked up a CM9 yesterday, it is my first Kahr that I've personally owned but not the first I've shot. I'm mainly a Glock guy but also have a couple XDs, 1911s, and an M&P as far as handguns go. This is my first true subcompact handgun. I was always a little apprehensive to get a Kahr because my dad owned a PM40, which was just too uncomfortable for me to enjoy shooting for extended periods. I started doing research on some of the other subcompact "pocket 9mm" on the market and kept coming back to the PM9. I just couldn't bring myself to justify spending that much money on such a small gun. So in comes the CM9 into the picture, as soon as I learned about this gun I was almost instantly sold. A little more research and I knew I needed to have one. To make a long story short, late last week I ended up placing an order through Amherst Arms and Supply near where I live and the gun arrived Wednesday evening. Their price was an even $400 under Kahr's LE/Military discount program which kind of sealed the deal for me. I picked it up yesterday, performed the proper prep and lube directions found in those 2 threads in the tech forum last night, and today I ran 300 rounds through the gun.

All 300 rounds were 147gr Winchester Super X, the CM9 ran absolutely flawlessly and didn't miss a single beat. I had no problems loading a round using the slingshot method, which was something I was a little concerned about since I mainly train to not rely on fine motor skills for such tasks. No failures to feed, no bad ejections, slide locked back on every single empty magazine. I was pleasantly surprised at how little recoil is felt for such a small gun, it was significantly better than my dad's PM40. I can say I actually enjoyed shooting it. The long DAO trigger pull without a defined striker release point will take some getting used to, but my groupings were still tolerable as far as my standards go. The rear sight is visibly slightly offset to the left side and my groups were just slightly left, so after a little more practice with the trigger I may try to drift the rear sight to the center. All in all I couldn't be more happy with the purchase, the CM9 is a great little handgun and I seem to have gotten a winner. Now I just need to console my Glock 19 since he probably won't be coming with me to work in the near future as long as things keeping looking up through the next several hundred rounds with the CM9.

I also purchased a kydex holster from pjhoster.com over the weekend shortly after ordering the CM9, it literally just got here in the mail about an hour ago so I haven't gotten to put it through it's paces yet, but man I'm I pleased with my initial thoughts. Based on what I was looking for, what I specifically asked for from Paul at pjholster, and what he delivered to me I am absolutely floored at the result. I don't think you can find a slimmer profiled holster, custom made to order with a 2 day turnaround and 5 day delivery time frame from the date the order was placed. Absolutely great service and even better product, I look forward to getting some great use out of this holster and gun.

Anyways, I've blabbered on long enough, on to the obligatory pictures.

Still dirty but here she is...

pjholster.com

talk about low profile

Sweet setup, and great report. I'm happy for you.

Like you said, I think you got yourself a winner.

Glad you found us, I think you'll like it here too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a PJ holster just like it for my CM9 - J-hook and all, except left handed. In my "sweet spot," which is around 8:30-8:45—just behind the hip, that holster with loaded gun is literally undetectable! You cannot feel any sensation of it being there, not even the mass of the gun as you move around. Mine was much too tight when I originally got it from Paul, but I sent it back and he loosened it up. I only wish he would put longer screws in the tension adjusters, but he said that's all he has. But for $40 shipped, it is a great holster for a great gun!
    Very interesting...

BTW, welcome to the forum like no other (you'll find out: funny, great bunch of people, you'll make new friends here)! Great pics, too!
    Very interesting...

wow super report 300 rounds out of any sub compact like a light weight kahr normally can be hand tireing and then sometimes issues evolve. U hyad none. kudos to you and certainly to the cm9 which is just suchg a super super gun. Nice post 1476 grain ammo is good stuff and if ur cm90 handles them with no issues your certainly good to go.

welcome aboard.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Welcome

Wow, great report on your CM9! Mine is in a pancake holster as I write this post. Welcome and congratulations on the CM9!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Cool... Congratulations... Welcome!

I have one of those holsters for my PF9. I really like it. Very thin kydex, but still secure enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    wow super report 300 rounds out of any sub compact like a light weight kahr normally can be hand tireing and then sometimes issues evolve. U hyad none. kudos to you and certainly to the cm9 which is just suchg a super super gun. Nice post 1476 grain ammo is good stuff and if ur cm90 handles them with no issues your certainly good to go.

welcome aboard.
    90% of my shooting is done with my g19 and I usually do 200-300 round sessions at a time each weekend. the only thing that bothered me about shooting 300 rounds through the cm9 is the fact that i only have one 6 round magazine. the reloading got quite annoying but its not like i didn't know what to expect going in. now that i know the gun is reliable i'll pick up some more.

i'll probably try to get another 200-300 rounds through it tomorrow and depeding on sunday may do a couple hundred more. i want to put this thing into my carry rotation asap because i'm just that pleased with it.

I love those good range reports.

welcome, congrats on the cm9
    peace on earth