Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CM9-Pics and Range Report

thanks guys. it seems like the cm9 is picking up in popularity, and for good reason.

Sweet rig. I have really enjoyed mine a ton. I would most definintely recommend replacing that plastic front night sight with a Trijicon night sight. $30 from Kahr.com. Easy peasy.
    Congrats on a fine weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by les strat View Post
    Sweet rig. I have really enjoyed mine a ton. I would most definintely recommend replacing that plastic front night sight with a Trijicon night sight. $30 from Kahr.com. Easy peasy.
    Congrats on a fine weapon.
    is the hole in the slide the post on the front site goes into an oval shape? do you have any experience with replacing glock front sites? i wonder if they would be interchangeable, that would really increase the options out there.

EDIT: nevermind, just watched a video on youtube of replacing the front sight on a cm9. they use 2 posts instead of the 1 like on a glock.

i shot another 200 rounds of the 147gr winchester super x today. again the gun was flawless and it is starting to feel a whole lot more broken in now.

thanks for the heads up about the triji front sight from kahr shop, i placed an order today. i wish there were a few more options out there as far as aftermarket sights go, i really like some of the offerings from ameriglo but they haven't gotten into the kahr market yet.

i also saw a few pictures of cm9s and pm9s using the bicycle inner tube rubber grips, thats an old trick i used to use on my glocks before the gen4's came out. i picked up a bike tube from walmart today and it makes the tiny cm9 so much easier to grip. i'm really starting to feel bad for my g19 at this point, the more i play around with the cm9 the more i like it and the more i see myself carrying instead of my other guns.

Quote Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
    i also saw a few pictures of cm9s and pm9s using the bicycle inner tube rubber grips, thats an old trick i used to use on my glocks before the gen4's came out. i picked up a bike tube from walmart today and it makes the tiny cm9 so much easier to grip.
    What size tube did you get? Not diameter, but thickness. Like for thin English racing bike tires, or off road or large American bike tires?
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    What size tube did you get? Not diameter, but thickness. Like for thin English racing bike tires, or off road or large American bike tires?
    its just the universal bike tube you can get from walmart, the brand is bell. it says it fits tire widths 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 inches. i got the 27" diameter tube because it is the same price as the smaller ones, about $4.50 and it will make at least 50 grips. the fit is tight and at first you won't think it will go on, but with a little work it will eventually get there.

Thanks!
    Very interesting...

Congrats that is a great gun, Does that holster ride deep enough? Does it move around at all, the clip looks like it may not hold the gun real tight.

Quote Originally Posted by 94zcar View Post
    Congrats that is a great gun, Does that holster ride deep enough? Does it move around at all, the clip looks like it may not hold the gun real tight.
    the retention of the actual holster is just about as perfect as it can get for my preference. i specifically requested the ride height, paul will make it to your specific needs if you want it to ride a little lower, higher, less cant, more cant, etc... this was actually the first time i've tried out a j-hook type clip on a holster, it doesn't slide around because there is some grip tape behind the clip that keep it in place. i am actually going to send the holster back so he can remold the clip into a traditional "clip on loop", but that was my fault for deciding to order the j-hook instead of going with what i'm familiar with. i'm also going to pick up a pocket holster from him so when i get them i'll post some updated pictures.

just another quick update: today i fired another 200 rounds through the CM9, only today I shot 147gr Federal HSTs because that is my carry load of choice. it wasn't a big surprise, but again 100% flawless performance. zero issues slingshot loading the first round, i did it from the slide locked open position as well as slide forward with a new magazine inserted.

i really like added traction and control from the bike inner tube grip, it was fairly sunny outside and the rubber was no match for my sweaty hands. i am pretty comfortable with the trigger now, my groups are down to about 1.5" at 7yards. i drifted the rear sight about 1mm to the right to center it on the slide and i am hitting directly center POA now. i am still shooting about 1" low but it may be the POI of the heavier loads or the distance at which I'm shooting, I'm happy anyways.

at this point with 700 total rounds and 200 rounds of my carry loads without any problems I am 100% certain this gun is going to be my summer every day carry. the more i handle it and the more i shoot it, there's just no excuse not to have it on my person at all times. even when i'm wearing a pair of mesh running shorts the gun slips into the pocket and isn't really any more noticeable than a cell phone. it may end up getting carried quite a bit in the colder months as well.

i've been carrying guns everyday and everywhere legally possible for about 8 years now. i'm kicking myself in the butt because i didn't take this plunge earlier. carrying around a g19 or larger framed guns never bothered me, so i never thought to try out one of the pocket 9mm on the market. i have to say that i'm really excited about this new little kahr cm9. its kind of like the single stack glock that glock doesn't make. for anyone on the fence about getting a CM9 or a pocket pistol in general, do it.