Well this is my first post over at Kahrtalk, thought I'd make it a good one. I picked up a CM9 yesterday, it is my first Kahr that I've personally owned but not the first I've shot. I'm mainly a Glock guy but also have a couple XDs, 1911s, and an M&P as far as handguns go. This is my first true subcompact handgun. I was always a little apprehensive to get a Kahr because my dad owned a PM40, which was just too uncomfortable for me to enjoy shooting for extended periods. I started doing research on some of the other subcompact "pocket 9mm" on the market and kept coming back to the PM9. I just couldn't bring myself to justify spending that much money on such a small gun. So in comes the CM9 into the picture, as soon as I learned about this gun I was almost instantly sold. A little more research and I knew I needed to have one. To make a long story short, late last week I ended up placing an order through Amherst Arms and Supply near where I live and the gun arrived Wednesday evening. Their price was an even $400 under Kahr's LE/Military discount program which kind of sealed the deal for me. I picked it up yesterday, performed the proper prep and lube directions found in those 2 threads in the tech forum last night, and today I ran 300 rounds through the gun.

All 300 rounds were 147gr Winchester Super X, the CM9 ran absolutely flawlessly and didn't miss a single beat. I had no problems loading a round using the slingshot method, which was something I was a little concerned about since I mainly train to not rely on fine motor skills for such tasks. No failures to feed, no bad ejections, slide locked back on every single empty magazine. I was pleasantly surprised at how little recoil is felt for such a small gun, it was significantly better than my dad's PM40. I can say I actually enjoyed shooting it. The long DAO trigger pull without a defined striker release point will take some getting used to, but my groupings were still tolerable as far as my standards go. The rear sight is visibly slightly offset to the left side and my groups were just slightly left, so after a little more practice with the trigger I may try to drift the rear sight to the center. All in all I couldn't be more happy with the purchase, the CM9 is a great little handgun and I seem to have gotten a winner. Now I just need to console my Glock 19 since he probably won't be coming with me to work in the near future as long as things keeping looking up through the next several hundred rounds with the CM9.

I also purchased a kydex holster from pjhoster.com over the weekend shortly after ordering the CM9, it literally just got here in the mail about an hour ago so I haven't gotten to put it through it's paces yet, but man I'm I pleased with my initial thoughts. Based on what I was looking for, what I specifically asked for from Paul at pjholster, and what he delivered to me I am absolutely floored at the result. I don't think you can find a slimmer profiled holster, custom made to order with a 2 day turnaround and 5 day delivery time frame from the date the order was placed. Absolutely great service and even better product, I look forward to getting some great use out of this holster and gun.

Anyways, I've blabbered on long enough, on to the obligatory pictures.

Still dirty but here she is...

pjholster.com

talk about low profile