CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new TP 45

I'm in the afterglow of a suggestion that actually worked here. Eggs through a hen just slipped out. I must of heard it someplace before.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by erdmann View Post
    shot it today and it shot flawlessly not one misfire thanks all
    That's great!

A lot of folks would have given up and sent it back to Kahr leaving a very bad taste in their mouth. Even though its your issue it still bothers me that the gun got sent out with stoppage causing crud in the piece. I'd be nice about it but I'd let Kahr know what you found. A business smart firearms company would send you a free mag for your troubles.

If its new I agree, let them know that new guns are coming out of the factory with so much crud in them they dont work. I mean really I would of had to send it back I am not good with springs and such and that would be a waste of my time and their money. good job anyway and glad it working have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    damn bawanna. eggs through a hen, now that is a really cool statement. How much help did u have with that statement???
    Still analyzing this one i know there was some help in there somewhere

oh yes indeed, had to be!!! but ain't it a cool statement. I think I will use it around the coffee shop tomorrow...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default yup

Quote Originally Posted by wayneo1 View Post
    If its new I agree, let them know that new guns are coming out of the factory with so much crud in them they dont work. I mean really I would of had to send it back I am not good with springs and such and that would be a waste of my time and their money. good job anyway and glad it working have fun.
    a the main reason why we have that propper prepping of your new kahr. I often wonder how many went back to kahr because of a cruddy striker channel. I can say I have had quite a few PM sent to me from owners who have cleaned that channel \using thaat clean out hole and stated that it save dthe gun from going back.

I really think every new gun should be cleaned and throughly inspected tyo see that all things areright before going out for that first shoot, but also I know guns and most of you guys do to, but the novice/newbie who doesnt realize he should have to check over his new gun and basically, nor should he either, but we know it sure helps in many cases.

Hell how many have just found the mag spring in backwards and it solved their issues. Should they hav eto check that stuff out??? NO, BUT THEY BETTER
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

When I got mine, I read and really wanted to tear down the slide but I was nervous given all the stories of stuff flying all over. It was like giving our newborn son a bath for the first time.

Fortunately the gun shot okay and flushing it was enough. Once I was used to the gun I gave it a try and it wasn't bad at all. Well taking it down wasn't bad, but searching all over the office after the spring escaped when putting it back together was a bear.

Point is, it is intimidating for newbs to do this. I have had autos but the PM9 is my first striker fired so it was anxious for a bit. The instructions are much better now and should be approached as if the user has no clue what a striker or extractor, etc. even are. Helpful tips like masking tape over the extractor in picture form is what I mean.

Somehow we have to remove the hesitation so that becomes part and parcel of the initial cleaning.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Jocko >> Should they hav eto check that stuff out??? NO, BUT THEY BETTER<<

That's right!! Does the soldier tear down his/her rifle before going into combat? Definitely, because their life depends on it. The range isn't life or death but we should practice as if it were, including making sure our equipment is up to par.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

indeed , some seem to think kahrts stating 200 rounds for break in means the gun isnot right in the first place. I just don't see it that way. . One can call those 200 or 100 o0r 50 reliability rounds, break in rounds or just plain ol shooting rounds. If any person is going to sit here and tell me that ANY gun aftrer 200+ rounds is not smoother than when it came out of the bix, then I think he is b-sing me and others. At least kahr has the balls to put it in print. When my Para carry 9 acted up and I called about it they said get back with them after I swhoot 500 rounds if the issue persists. I think some make way to uch to do about this break in stuff. Most gun owners who have been around for awhile understand this to and most will take a new handgun and give it a cleaning andlubing before that first shoot. Out of the box might work 99% of the time too but why not check it over before hand to make sure all things are indeed the way they are supposed to be. Hell who knows today could be theday that the guy who assembles magazines caught his wife in bed with his lab and now decided to install every magazine spring today backwards..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY